Kiddo78

Thursday, January 06, 2005

I'm a Night Owl, Dammit!

Morning people are trying to control my life, and thus - making me quite the angry Kiddo. So, on Monday night, I'm peacefully watching a DVR'd episode of "Queer as Folk" from Season 2. It's about 11:30 p.m. They get to a scene in the club, Babylon, so naturally it's a little louder than when they're just hanging out somewhere else. I mean, clubs are loud. So, there's a knock at my door. Some granola-eater hippy guy is there in a horrid green T-shirt and he has gross, snarly black hair that's in desperate need of a cut (or a good pulling). He says, "Umm...could you turn down your stereo or TV or whatever...?" And I, trying to be a good neighbor, say "Oh, yeah -- sorry about that!" So, I do turn it down b/c I probably did have it a little louder than needed. Then I thought it was funny that he thought I might possibly be sitting there in gym pants and T-shirt, alone, listening to club dance music on my "stereo" (I do not own a stereo). Because, who am I, Napoleon Dynamite? So, now I'm starting to think -- "yeah, these walls are pretty thin -- I can tell when the neighbors have people over - or even when they cough, laugh, when their phone rings, etc..." Then, I start to think, "Uh ohhh....Oh, god. Please tell me the neighbor's bedroom isn't next to my bedroom b/c that guy from Brainerd and I were kinda loud a few weeks ago...oh no! How embarassing -- now they think of me as the sex neighbor. They see me in the hall and sneer. It's going to be like Sex and the City when the neighbors yell at Samantha and tell her she's bad for the building...kill me now..." Anyway, with all these unpleasantries already in the air, I decide to make an effort to keep the TV turned down and to make sure I don't leave for the weekend with my alarm still set to go off each morning; turn down the bathroom radio in the morning, etc. So, Tuesday, I didn't even have the TV on past 9:30. Then last night it was on super-quiet -- I could barely even hear it in my bedroom. This morning, as I'm leaving for work, there's a note under my door (great):

"Could you PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE keep your TV and/or stereo turned down past 1o:30? I, and some others, have to work very early in the morning and the walls here are very thin."
Okay...now I'm mad. My stuff wasn't even on the past two nights, jerk!! So I threw the note in the middle of the hallway and wished my shoes had mud on them so I could leave a big footprint on it, telling him what I think of his stupid note on stupid recycled paper...or leave my own:

A. I don't own a stereo; B. You're not my roommate, you're my neighbor - mind your own f'ing business; C. I get up early too; D. I pay my rent and live here just like you; E. I rarely have anyone over, let alone several, making me pretty low-key; F. Rent a house if you need such quiet; G. I don't need to change my life around because you're a morning person; H. You're not the fucking boss of me!!!!!!! (silent scream)

There -- I feel better. Why do morning people think everyone needs to conform to their schedule?? That really bugs the shit out of me. At work -- I just want to yell, "You WANT to be here at 8:00 and leave at 5:00 b/c you have a family to go home to and eat with and yada yada yada...I'm single, I don't care if I get home at 8:00 at night -- quit f'ing making me conform to your morning lifestyle -- I'm on salary and work 40+ hours per week anyway!!!" Grrr....

Okay -- so, yeah....I'm a night owl, dammit. Doesn't mean I can't be productive -- doesn't mean I'm the devil - although these bitches are gonna see the devil Kiddo soon if they don't get off my sh1t!! haha

3 Comments:

  • How annoying. I had something similar like that happen in college - two homophobe football players would always find a reason to bitch that I was being too loud or stomping on the floor just to have a reason to knock on my door and intimidate me. It ended up being rectified by Res life after I called them out on harrassment. But I don't think that could apply to your situtation. Is there any way you could dampen the sound in your apt? Are the floors carpeted? If not, maybe purchase a couple throw rugs to dampen the sound for the neighbors below. Or perhaps I don't know what I'm talking about...

    By Blogger Bob, at 6:30 AM  

  • Oooohhhh, don't ever put a note on our door. My roommate Schoms will have no qualms about marching up to your apt & bitch you out. He's done it before. Believe me- you don't want to see him pissed.

    As for our annoyingly loud neighbors upstairs... seriously, what are they doing up there? I never hear a TV or misic- just pounding & stomping. Its like they're holding some jumping convention up there nightly. I hate them.

    By Blogger hot babe, at 2:56 PM  

  • I'm glad others thought the note was stupid and annoying. Now they're just *making* feel the need to bounce around all night on a f'ing pogo stick.

    By Blogger Kiddo78, at 9:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home