Kiddo78

Tuesday, January 18, 2005

101 random facts about Kiddo

I'm jumping on the bandwagon and doing my own little version, for the others have inspired me...I have a feeling most of this will be pretty self-deprecating. Ugh...I'm going to be here all night.

1. My first name is my Grandma's maiden name
2. My middle name was my great-grandpa's first name
3. I think when a lady has a kid "out of wedlock", the kid should have her last name (where did that come from?!)
4. I was obsessed with Wonder Woman and Charlie's Angels and the Bionic Woman (Jamie Summers) as a child.
5. I had a Wonder Woman coloring book and a Wonder Woman birthday cake at age 5.
6. I used to make my brother be the Nazis and I'd be Wonder Woman
7. I come from a family of 8 children - I'm the youngest
8. I grew up in a small town in southeast Minnesota - Dodge Center
9. I am fascinated by old yearbooks (mostly high school)
10. I wanted to have the same powers as Samantha Stevens on Bewitched
11. I hid in the bushes instead of going to the first day of T-Ball (my Mom yelled at me when I came back after 10 minutes saying it was over already..."Get out there and play ball!!!"
12. I like going to sports events now - pretty much just to drink beer and people watch, but I kind of get in to the game too
13. I started smoking when I was 14
14. The first time I drank, I was 13 (small towns...)
15. I am a clothes hoarde and get sick of them right away
16. I've only purchased one item, that I can think of, not on sale - ever.
17. I have a freakish memory for dates or years something happened and birthdays
18. I used to draw a lot -- could pretty much replicate a black & white photo
19. I should have used my creativite/artistic side in my career
20. I wish I would have become a graphic designer or interior designer
21. My dad is dead
22. I hated math & science in school
23. I was quite good at English & history
24. My brother and I had lots of parties in high school - never got caught (family had 2 houses in different towns)
25. George Washington is my cousin - his aunt is my great-great......grandma
26. I am also related to Franklin Pierce, Stonewall Jackson and the Andrews Sisters
27. My last name is supposed to be Anderson, but there were too many of them in Sweden, so some of them had to change
28. My last name was borrowed from a long-ago very noble family in Sweden
29. I am a genealogy nerd in case you couldn't tell
30. I planned my five-year reunion and will probably have to do my ten-year too
31. I think I might be related to Stone Gossard of Pearl Jam. Gossard is my Mom's maiden name.
32. I like old stuff to put in my house - my whole family is antique/collectibles junkies
33. I've gotten naughty with a football coach, a cop, a mechanic, a carpenter, a landscaper, college baseball player, construction guy- I think I see a pattern here...
34. I've dated 3-4 guys who were in the Navy and 1 Army
35. If my family ever reads this, I will be ex-communicated
36. Blair Warner was my favorite on "The Facts of Life"
37. The best fight I ever saw was between two 14 year-old girls (blood involved)
38. I had a Cross Colours shirt in 9th grade
39. My friends think it's "funny" that I'm a "blogger"
40. The first CD I ever got was the soundtrack to "Great Balls of Fire"
41. The first tape I ever got was Michael Jackson's Thriller
42. I love crazy old Southern woman movies
43. Somewhere in Minneapolis exists a tape of me, at 4, singing "Hit Me With Your Best Shot" and I couldn't pronounce my 'R's
44. My brother's friends and I seriously invented the "not so much" phrase
45. I was the first kid in my town to "french roll" the pants (college sister taught me how in 1988 - 4th grade)
46. I don't like my job most days but am still glad to have it
47. I believe in ghosts and aliens
48. I've been fascinated by the Titanic since 1985
49. I can't stand little kids singing (like in talent shows when they try to trill their voice - think Star Search)
50. I can't stand little kids in local commercials
51. Twin Citiesans: that girl fromt the Watsons commercials bugs the shit out of me..."It's HOT!!" *slap*
52. I don't trust people who never, ever drink (& never have)
53. I'm drawn to catty women
54. I don't feel guilty about sleeping all day on the weekends
55. I changed high schools for one semester
56. I was in two musicals in high school - "Fiddler on the Roof" and "Seven Brides for Seven Brothers" -- I was just an extra
57. I totaled my '88 Jeep Cherokee in high school by hitting a deer
58. I also crashed into a parked car, left and said that someone hit me
59. I worked at a convenience store thru high school and college
60. I don't like much red meat except for hamburger (pot roast & steak -- no thanks)
61. I will usually never leave the house without showering - ever
62. I first got served at a bar when I was 17
63. I had a fake ID from Georgia freshman year of college - it didn't even look like a real Georgia license
64. His name was Anthony and he was born in Sept. 1972
65. It got taken away when I said I was class of '92 and the capital of Georgia was Atlanta...even though 2 seconds later I said Savannah
66. I won the spelling bee in 5th grade
67. I hate grocery shopping
68. I hate ironing
69. I want a maid
70. I used to tell strangers that I was here from Maine visiting family
71. My college friend and I used to pretend that we were engaged and arguing about our wedding plans at bars (like who was going to be in the wedding)
72. Another friend and I pretended that we were married, arguing and visiting Minnesota from our plantation in Louisiana (our names were Babs and Gavin)
73. Everyone always believed us
74. I like to lie, I guess
75. I love Mac & Cheese with salsa in it
76. I used to be a server at my hometown cafe and Applebees in Crestwood, IL
77. I had tickets to Jerry Springer and couldn't go (when I lived in Chicago) b/c my friends wound up having to work
78. Two guys I knew in college pretended to be gay and were on Jerry
79. One of my favorite college bartenders plays that hotel bartender in "Drop Dead Gorgeous" - he is now a bartender at The Newsroom in Minneapolis
80. My friend Erin (Babs) kicked down the door to get in to an after-bar one night
81. We were asked to leave after my friend Becky fell out the window
82. I think I might be part owner of the GAP
83. I'm still friends with my first real boyfriend (together 2.5 yrs)
84. I probably sound like a ho, but would rather have a boyfriend
85. I hate Sundays because I get very lonely
86. I love the drag queen Roxy Marquee at the Gay '90s in Minneapolis - especially when she does Madonna and Dolly Parton
87. I always tip Nina D'Angelo when she does the Wonder Woman routine
88. I love Beverly D'Angelo
89. The first person I came out to was friend Jill at 20 - her brother is gay
90. I told my Mom when I was 21
91. She cried, suggested therapy and sent me a Peanuts card a few days later with Sally on it about unconditional love -- I still have it
92. I've still never told my sisters, but I think they know
93. I've told two of my brothers
94. I wouldn't take a pill to make myself straight
95. I'm socially liberal and politically conservative
96. I never want to live in Rochester, Minnesota again -- horrid place for gays
97. My sister works at Mayo Clinic in Rochester
98. I almost have enough frequent flyer miles for a free trip
99. I want to visit my friend Meg in NYC (well, Brooklyn)
100. I'm very self-consious and shy around new people
101. I'm tired as hell and going to bed

6 Comments:

  • I love these lists. Wow - you sure are related to a lot of important people! And your dating history is impressive. No wonder you like Christopher Melone.

    By Blogger Bob, at 9:43 AM  

  • Ok, so it really hurts to laugh with my chest being so congested so I blame your list for the pain I'm currently in.

    Oh & the Watson's pool girl isn't from the Twin Cities even though she's in local commercials. I know this only because I sometimes listen to the morning show in KDWB & Dave LOVES her & he found out she's not from here. So hate away, my friend, hate away. I hate her, too. And I think she's packed on a few pounds.

    By Blogger hot babe, at 1:22 PM  

  • Love the list Kiddo!

    We have a "Watson's girl" here in Kansas City. I always thought she was local, but maybe it's the same girl haunting all of our tv sets. She sure is annoying.

    By Blogger The Unprocessed Project, at 1:34 PM  

  • Oh, good - I was thinking, "great, now I'm going to see the Watson's girl downtown and she's going to yell at me..." Thank god she doesn't live here.

    Jen - here's the scoop: Dan, HotBabe and Stacy all went to high school together here (and we have hung out before). Denverboy and Hotbabe are college friends. I stumbled across PlanetDan after my friend e-mailed his "Bad Senior Pictures" site to me - which is the funniest thing I've ever seen. I wish he didn't have to take it down...But, that's how I started to blog. BigDubb lives in Minneapolis too.

    By Blogger Kiddo78, at 4:59 PM  

  • damn you were popular. I will forever be grateful to this girl who I wasn't even friends with for teaching me how to peg my pants in 7th grade shop class. I was such a loser. That was 1988 too come to think of it.

    Too much information to comment on, i'm just filing it away...

    By Blogger Christine, at 3:37 PM  

  • HA! Good stuff. It Amused me.

    Now go find me some cool high paying job or something!

    By Blogger Jon, at 7:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home