Kiddo78

Friday, January 14, 2005

This is uninhabitable

I've been dealing with Minnesota winters since 1978. In fact, my Dad got stuck in a snowdrift on the way to the hospital when I was ready to pop out. Didn't help that we lived near Grand Forks, ND (not too far from Canada) at the time. But, c'mon...is 15 below (without windchill) really necessary?? This is horrid! I don't even want to know what it *feels* like with the windchill -- 15 below is bad enough. So cold that I filled my water bottle this morning, went out to the car (which was grumpy about having to start), got a few miles down the road and the cap had almost frozen to the bottle. Thank god this only lasts a few days each winter - maybe a week total. The summer heat/humidity is bad too, but at least it doesn't melt stuff like this cold freezes stuff. I'm going to the liquor store after work and not emerging again until Monday morning b/c it's going to be a frozen hell in Minnesota for the next couple days. Yick.


A very cold day in Minneapolis with part of downtown in background - desolate

5 Comments:

  • I saw a clip on the Today's Show weather this morning and I actually thought about my blog friends up in Minnesota freezing their asses off. Sad, I know, but true. Kansas wind chill was only 9 below this morning....a real heat wave compared to Minn.

    By Blogger The Unprocessed Project, at 3:34 PM  

  • This cold is ridiculous. And now everywhere I go everyone is only talking about the cold. So boring. Stupid weather.

    Deverboy- I suffered with you in that church. It was humid, too because it kept raining on & off. Thank god for my central a/c. And yes, you're welcome for me letting you stay with me as no one else had a/c.

    By Blogger hot babe, at 7:21 PM  

  • It's colder in Chicago than -- I believe the charming phrase is -- a witch's tit in a brass bra. Yah, that cold...

    By Blogger Bob, at 3:06 AM  

  • I love it....just kidding

    By Blogger Unknown, at 8:12 AM  

  • 32 degrees sounds like a heat wave right now. That's sad. I've never been to Denver (just the airport), but I hear it's nice and about the same size as Minneapolis/St. Paul...is that true?

    By Blogger Kiddo78, at 4:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home