Kiddo78

Friday, January 14, 2005

Why didn't they have this in the early '80s??

So, I went to the dentist last night to get two of my old fillings replaced. The old ones were starting to crack my teeth. Ummm....first, does this mean I'm getting old, when fillings need replacing?? Second, since when did fillings come in white? All of the ones I got in the 1980s (I loved candy - went to the candy store every single solitary day after stealing 50 cents or $1 from my Mom) were silver. I even got a filling in 1995 that was silver. Since when have they been white?? Not complaining - they rule. Except, of course, my two new white fillings are on the upper half, where nobody ever sees. I do have to say, though, that the process is more unpleasant than silver fillings. It seemed to take much longer than I remember and who really wants to sit there for an hour with their jaw open? Then, they keep pointing this laser gun thingy (no joke) in your mouth, pointed at the new filling. When the doctor started to drill out the old silver, I jumped - the sound startled me. That never happened when I was a kid. Is it possible that I somehow grew a fear of the dental drill as an adult? Plus which, I don't appreciate being laughed at by the dentist and his assistant (because I jumped at the sound of drill). Anyway, once they got the old ones out of there, I was astounded to feel (with my tongue) how huge the gap was...it was like a big, jagged hole in the tooth - like the entire core of the tooth was gone. Wow, I *must* have eaten too many Jolly Rancher sticks in 1985. Really very unpleasant experience all together. Except I do like having white fillings.

6 Comments:

  • I have developed a fear of the denist with age. I know only see a female dentist *and* a female hygenist. I have less fear that way.

    As for the white fillings- there the best. All of the fillings in my mouth are white fillings. They were around in '95 so your dentist was a loser for not offering them to you.

    Denverboy- you little crush reminds me of your crush on the mac & cheese girl. What was so great about her anyway? I'm jealous of an girl you have a crush on. You should only have a crush on me!

    By Blogger hot babe, at 12:19 PM  

  • Interesting. I can honestly say that I've never had any type of crush on a female. Not even morbid fascination. Well, I guess I am morbidly fascinated by Sybil, but she's dead.

    By Blogger Kiddo78, at 12:58 PM  

  • I got a white filling not too long ago as well. Like you, I have a several silver fillings (and a gold crown on a tooth waaay in the back), so I am glad they have improved on that.

    By Blogger Bob, at 1:39 PM  

  • You just don't meet too many female dentists. Interesting. My dentist is a young, cute male and it makes me nervous everytime I go to him. I, too, always want him to approve of my mouth and tell me it's beautiful. He did tell me it was small once.....hummmm.

    And I LOVED Jolly Rancher sticks when I was a kid. Watermelon and fire ones. Yummy.

    By Blogger The Unprocessed Project, at 1:42 PM  

  • *Really* not to sound lame here, but girls have always kind of gravitated toward me. I've always been friends with the hippest, coolest girls around. There are girls who I thought were really cool and was glad that they wanted to be friends, though. I always go up to girls I like in bars. I swear I need to write a book for straight men on good first-liners...

    By Blogger Kiddo78, at 2:32 PM  

  • Matty voodoo. I've fallen under that spell in the past.

    What about the gay boys that gravitate to me? Seriously, I go out & end up hanging with the one token gay boy at the party & then I wonder why I'm single. I once told a gay boy at a party to stop talking to me & go to the other side of the room because I had already met my quota for the year. Not sure if he thought I was kidding or not as he laughed, then slinked away. I *was* kidding... mostly.

    By Blogger hot babe, at 7:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home