Kiddo78

Thursday, October 28, 2004

You can call me Dionysus

So, I already requested help on Dan's blog, but thought I should utilize my own too. Last year, my friends wanted me to go out in La Crosse, Wis., with them for Halloween (a FUN, FUN town by the way). My mother sews and I found a pattern to be this Roman Noble type dude. The costume is basically like a tank dress with short skirt - it's white with gold trim stuff on it. It has a purple satin cape attached to one shoulder. A thin gold rope goes around the waist. Where can I find Roman sandals?? Or, do you think leather flip-flops from American Eagle will be okay??

Oh, and I'm telling people that I'm Dionysus, the God of Wine (Greek name). Roman name is Bacchus, and that just doesn't sound as impressive.

5 Comments:

  • I totally think your flip flops will be fine. Those gods all wore sandals anyway. Now, if you could find some cheap gold trimmed sandals at Target that's be ideal. But no need to go searching for anything.

    By Blogger hot babe, at 12:40 PM  

  • No matter what, you will look better than a guy in a half-dyed/half-spray-painted wig who's attempting to look like an oompa loompa.

    By Blogger dan, at 5:00 PM  

  • I'm sure you're costume will be a big hit. Can I borrow some orange face paint?? I don't know when I'll have time to go tanning...am NOT setting foot outside door w/ my current ghostliness.

    By Blogger Kiddo78, at 5:22 PM  

  • Oh no, Kiddo. DOn't tell me you have a George Hamliton complex?

    By Blogger hot babe, at 9:27 PM  

  • I know this guy named Dionicio. Turns out that he was born on a hippie commune. I always knew there had to be a great story behind his name. He goes by Dio though.

    As for your costume, I think go with the flip flops. Your sewing mom sounds like a saint. My mom stopped sewing our costumes about 20 years ago.

    By Blogger Christine, at 4:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home