Kiddo78

Friday, October 22, 2004

Oh yeah...it's FRIDAY!!

Speaking of withdrawal (see post below), it's Friday so I get to go out tonight!! AND it's 3:11, meaning that I can leave work in precisely 19 minutes (being that I worked extra hard all week, skipping lunch and staying here at least 9 hours each day). I have a happy hour in Rochester w/ an old co-worker and her boyfriend and a couple fellow soaks. THEN...I'm going to a birthday of a college friend whose other friends from college (yay Winona State) will be in town and let me tell ya -- they are a bit on the crazy side, which is awesome b/c crazy people rule. Anyway, I'm excited b/c these are two friends, let's call them Vik and Kris, who are the type who get energy off each other and almost form their own language when interacting. Almost like two Furbies. YIKES - I hope I don't end up in Detox tonight b/c that would really suck. Have a good weekend all! I'll have a few drinks for you, Stacy, since it doesn't sound like you get to go out much....sad.

Oh, what's really sad is that I'm meeting people at Bon's, a bar in Rochester. The sad part is that Bon's is kind of a popular hang out in that town. Why is that sad?? Because Bon's is a Mongolian buffet (no joke). The other side of the building is this huge, redneck bar...with karaoke and live '80s cover bands. I love '80s cover bands. Especially Hairball. They're playing in Fridley tomorrow night at Main Event - maybe I'll catch them next time.

ROCK ALL NIGHT === SLEEP ALL DAY!!!
**Kiddo does super '80s cheerleading kick and "WOO!"*

5 Comments:

  • Kiddo~Do you ever go to bars in the city?Before I became mommie of the year exchanging my reckless abandan for Chuckee cheese and camp snoopy I used to go every Thurs. and Sunday to saloon it was 18 and up that will tell you how long it has been since I was a regular at the bar.I used to love it!Just avoid the back leather bar it can get kind of creepy back there:)

    By Blogger Unknown, at 2:04 PM  

  • Ohhhh....the Saloon. Yep, been there a number of times. All I can say is meat market!!

    By Blogger Kiddo78, at 7:16 PM  

  • I love crazy friends. I have to because I tend to be one of them. I can't wait to read the post about the weekend.

    Oh & the last time I saw Stacy drink, it was over a year ago & she would only drink Boones Farm.

    By Blogger hot babe, at 9:38 PM  

  • Hmmm....it wasn't as crazy as I thought it would be. The happy hour at the Mongolian bar & grill was alright. There was an '80s cover band and I did have fun gettin' a lil' rockin' w/ some cool-ass friends from my hometown. Three sisters (that's always a dangerous mix) AND their cousin. Then I went to an after-bar where the really crazy Uptown girls were. Except I don't think they were out of control. They did invite this HOT band guy over and he was nice to look at. One of the crazy girls other crazy friends slept w/ him and I was proud of her for making a sport out of the poor lass. With his rocker cowboy hat and cocky 23-year-oldness...he deserved to be made sport of.

    By Blogger Kiddo78, at 12:27 AM  

  • Cowboy hat? I have a thing about cowboy hats. I'm glad she made sport of his hat & 23 yr old-ness! I envy her.

    By Blogger hot babe, at 5:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home