Kiddo78

Sunday, October 24, 2004

Killing Me Softly

This is just an ode to Roberta Flack. I love "Killing Me Softly." I sing it like a son of a bitch in my car, and right now, I look like Ray Charles at my 'puter -- picture Kiddo w/ hands on keyboard, eyes closed, singing like a bastard. Oh, and that Oil of Olay song..."The First time ever I saw your face...." My brother and I used to sing (when we were little), "The first ever I ever saw your face....I puked." My Mom would get mad because she likes that song.

Roberta, here's looking at you, kid...

6 Comments:

  • Celine just did a cover of the first time ever I saw your face on her new CD.

    And no I don't like it

    o.k. I do a little teeny bit.

    I bet you were excited when the Fugees did the remake of killing me softly.You were probably in heaven,it was on the radio every time I put it on for like a year.The fugees don't have nothin on Roberta.

    By Blogger Unknown, at 3:18 PM  

  • Yes, I do like the Fugees rendition, but the original is always better.

    By Blogger Kiddo78, at 11:09 PM  

  • Killing Me Softly kicks ass no matter who sings it. Even when that creepy little kid in About A Boy sings it with his eyes clothed, it still kicks ass.

    By Blogger dan, at 11:32 PM  

  • Oh dear, I meant "closed" not "clothed".

    By Blogger dan, at 11:35 PM  

  • Oh, great....Now Spam is invading my blog too??
    Dan, I must watch that movie. USUALLY little kids singing is just wrong, but if it's Roberta Flack, I need to check it out.

    By Blogger Kiddo78, at 12:48 AM  

  • Even better- Hugh Grant sings with the little boy. Not my favorite Hugh Grant movie, but you shouold definitely see it.

    By Blogger hot babe, at 10:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home