Kiddo78

Tuesday, October 26, 2004

S-A-T-U-R-D-A-Y...NIGHT!

"Keep on dancin' by the washin' machine on Saturday night, Saturday night!"



I'm pretty sure the Bay City Rollers didn't have that in mind for a good Saturday night. I was in the elevator on my way up from putting MORE laundry in on Saturday evening thinking how sad it was that I was wearing a super-cool new lil' outfit ensemble and doing laundry with no plans for the evening when I saw my fun across-the-hall-neighbor. She said she and her boyfriend MIGHT get some beer and hang out, and would let me know if I was interested. If beer's involved, I'm interested. So, I spent the next few hours napping and doing laundry. Is it sad when you break a sweat doing laundry?? THat's really bad. I need to get back to the gym. Anyway, I did end up getting a bottle of Captain and went to their apartment to drink and play Trivial Pursuit 20th Anniversary (I won -- love useless knowledge). They wound up drinking half my Captain, but that's fine. They had beer to trade. Then we had the hankering to listen to Big Band music and did the swing dance for about two songs. Broke a sweat again. Horrid being out of shape...even worse when Glenn Miller witnesses it.

3 Comments:

  • Considering how I spent my last Sat night (baby sitting), I'd have to say this sounds like a wild night of fun to me. I'm jealous of your rock-n-roll lifestyle, Kiddo.

    By Blogger hot babe, at 10:39 AM  

  • Yeah - I shouldn't complain. My sisters are always half-laughing at me and commenting, "You've got so many social obligations and friends -- all you do is have fun!" Clearly they've never seen me during the week, bored out of my mind and sitting alone. I should get a pet rock. A pet rock that likes to dance. And that cleans/cooks/laundry while I'm at work.

    By Blogger Kiddo78, at 11:01 AM  

  • And it seems the pet rock will need to know how to swing dance. Its never good when Glen Miller witnesses how out of shape you are. Oh, a pet rock workout partner! I need to get me one of those.

    By Blogger hot babe, at 12:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home