Kiddo78

Monday, October 25, 2004

Tech people are creepy sometimes

So my friend (& co-worker) and I had to go to this software testers "convention" today to represent our company and maybe get some job candidates out of it. Most of the people seemed pretty suburban-normal, but others just weirded me out. First of all, I was stalked by this guy...he kept staring at me and then came to talk to me and his eyes were piercing through me. Even my friend could tell that he didn't care what jobs we currently have open and she claims to have absolutely no gaydar. It was really a situation where I was glad that there was no way he could find out where I live...then again, he is a computer guy. Yikes. I'm sure he's harmless...but they all look harmless, don't they? He wasn't all-together bad looking (a little on the cute side in a way), but still - his jeering eyes kind of gave me the heebies. Reminds me of Ted Bundy, kinda, who is dead 15 years and I'm STILL petrified of him. And he only killed girls. Ick. Serial Killers. What's worse, though, is the ultra suburban Mom I saw there. She is apparently a software tester and you would swear she's a first grade teacher. Of course, she was sporting the brown football helmet boring-ass hair, a denim jumper and turtleneck with stupid embroidery or patches. I couldn't look closely, but I bet you anything there were apples and rulers and schoolhouses embroidered on. What's worse? She was wearing this HUGE pin that had a picture of her two kids. WHy would you wear that?! WHY?? I just wanted to trip her. She DID NOT get one of our freebies (a keyboard duster thingy).



2 Comments:

  • Creepy starers and teachers!!! And why is that teachers think they can have keychains & such that say, "Those who care teach..." Like I don't care b/c I didn't want to eat Raman Noodles the rest of my life and pursued a career with more money and less hoodlums?? Wait - I guess I don't really care...Never mind.

    By Blogger Kiddo78, at 5:00 PM  

  • I've never pictured school teachers as being so naughty underneath their turtlenecks & embroidered sweaters. I find that notion somewhat disturbing.

    And some of the creepiest folks out there are the techies. Its like they're interacted with computers so much & people so rarely that they've forgotton social norms. Its all very sad, really.

    By Blogger hot babe, at 10:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home