Kiddo78

Tuesday, October 26, 2004

Career Aptitude Test -- Look out, Genevieve!!

Oddly enough, I rec'd an Email inviting me to take a career test today, so I did and actually paid the $12 for the results. Guess what my #1 job was? Yep - Interior Designer. Runners-up are Architect, Film Editor, Graphic Artist, Creative Writer, Commercial Artist and Musician. I could have told you the best matches for me would be creative in nature...Not surprised. The test was from Tickle.Com - they have a whole bunch of different personality tests and a real IQ test (I don't remember what mine is).

I already have looked into interior design...toured an I.D. college in Chicago and was really interested...however, this would mean starting over and having to do things like internships and very entry-level work again...It's a calamity.

3 Comments:

  • You should go for it! I started law school just this fall & I'm the dreaded 30 yrs old. Its tough but so worth it. Do you really want to be 50 yrs old still recruiting? Wow, that may be a little too direct considering we've never met. Sorry if it was. But life is too short to spend your lifetime working just so you can spend your free time doing what you love. You should love your work.

    By Blogger hot babe, at 10:37 AM  

  • Logic tells me this is true...I just wonder if I could go back to *needing* a roommate and having to take out loans to pay my bills. Financially, it's very scary to start over. I guess I could still work and take night classes - will have to look into it. Thanks for your input! It's actually good that we don't officially know each other b/c it's like having an objective opinion.

    By Blogger Kiddo78, at 10:56 AM  

  • I am an Interior Architect, which combines both Interior Design and Architecture. since theses were the top two jobs for you it could be a good fit. There are not many schools that offer this program, but it's a hell of a lot of fun (most of the time). And I agree with Hot Babe, now is the time to take chances in life......the older you get, the less likely you will be to make a huge career change. I don't even know you, but I say GO FOR IT!!
    -Katie

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home