Kiddo78

Monday, April 03, 2006

...Talk about the boy from New York City...

Well, the guy I met last Sunday and I spent the week and weekend together. He is a laid-off flight attendant for Northwest Airlines (not the flamboyant kind) who moved here from Brooklyn last summer. Then NWA laid him off -- how typical of them.

Anyway, let's call him Angelo, shall we (since he's from Brooklyn and 100% Italian)??

He has a 4-bdrm house in a suburb called Eagan. I spent every night there for the past week. His best friend, Bobby, moved here from Brooklyn too. They are a riot. Everyone they talk in front of is like, "Are you from New York?? Why did you move here??!" Yep, they've got the Brooklyn accents. Bobby even refers to the Mall of America as the "Maul of Americas!" They wanted to live in the suburbs after spending their whole lives in Brooklyn. They love it. Angelo is still amazed when he wakes up to birds chirping, ducks quacking and geese flying overhead (he lives by a pond) instead of horns honking, Spanish music, shouting, etc., like he was used to in Brooklyn. He jumped in fright the other day when he saw a rabbit out of the corner of his eye. He thought it was a rat.

Anyway, he's good looking, well-built, works out, funny, nice, smart, affectionate and we get along very well. So far, so good anyway...

I have a suspicion that he's a little older than his Internet profile says, although we've never come right out and talked about it. His birthday is tomorrow, so I think that would be an appropriate time to tactfully say, "so, how old are you anyway?" He's in his 40s...which doesn't really bother me. I mean, I was kinda thinking I'd like to date someone in their 30s, but I've been in Minneapolis more than a year now and he's the first one I've met where there's a mutual connection, so that's the way it is, I guess. He looks, acts and dresses like he's in his 30s, and I like him, so that's what really matters, right?

Had a pretty quiet weekend, really. Went to his house Friday after work and the gym and got to meet the TWO cats he adopted that day - orange tabbies that are brothers. We named them Byron and Boris. We spent the evening having a few Captain Cokes and listening to his gigantic CD collection with favorites by Nancy Sinatra, Petula Clark, Helen Reddy, The Carpenters, Mamas & Papas, '70s One Hitters, etc. It was fun. On Saturday we met Danny at the Uptown Bar & Cafe and had a few beers for happy hour, then just went home and crashed. Lazy day yesterday. A relaxing weekend. The one sad part is that Boris ran away - either that or he found one hell of a good hiding spot. Poor thing.

So...that's about all that's up with me. It's moving pretty quickly. I'm already doing laundry at his house tonight...

You can just call us Mary and Rhoda, as I'm the native small town Minnesotan and he's the native Brooklynite - both living in Minneapolis. It's pretty coincidental since I'm a huge MTM Show fan. I think it's funny, anyway!!

We'll see...


sickening, i know...

9 Comments:

  • I love the accent, too cute. Who cares how old he is, it sounds like you had fun. I hope he finds his cat!

    By Blogger ab, at 6:32 PM  

  • Sounds like Amore. *claps* That's great. Keep us posted.

    By Blogger Twinkie, at 7:02 PM  

  • I had no idea that the Brooklynites were so important. I DEFINITELY want to meet them now. I'll bring pictures of "My Berger" ala Jason....

    By Blogger Meg, at 9:31 PM  

  • Remember, some of your favorite people turned 40 this year *hint hint*

    By Blogger Angela, at 10:44 PM  

  • Oh yay, I'm so happy for you! It wasn't too long ago you wrote a post about how to meet new people, so I'm glad you did so soon! I'm not one to jinx the good fortune of others, though, so I'll just say have fun, don't think too much, and let things happen as they will. And did I say "have fun?" Just checking... ;o)

    By Blogger AmyB, at 12:53 PM  

  • Laundry dates can be fun and don't worry about the age thing. As long as he doesn't start saying things like "when I was your age" you'll be fine.

    : )

    By Blogger potusol, at 1:34 AM  

  • I love Brooklyn accents, I have tons of cousins from down there (I'm up in Massachusetts). He sounds pretty cool.. and you can't get much hotter than an Italian. (well unless your Persian of course)

    :)

    By Blogger The Persian, at 7:28 AM  

  • I don't remember the episode of MTM when Mary and Rhoda drink captain and cokes and have sex on the folded laundry. But... I haven't seen EVERY episode. ;-)

    By Blogger VeryApeAZ, at 4:50 PM  

  • I hope you are having a great time with your New Yawk Italian guy! Angelo and Bobby sound like good people and you deserve only the best. Take care of yourself!

    By Blogger Christine, at 8:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home