Kiddo78

Monday, March 27, 2006

A celebratory weekend - more than others even...

I had a fun weekend!

First and foremost, Christine came to visit from NY! She joined HotBabe and Stacy on Friday, then I went to meet them and PlanetDan for dinner at Chino Latino in Uptown on Saturday night. We did some good eatin'! I'm sure the others will post pictures, as I still don't have a digicam. Then we went across the river from downtown to a bar called Nye's, where Christine was treated to some good ol' Minnesota polka band music. Hotbabe and I bellied up to the bar - as usual.

Thanks for visiting, Christine!! Glad you could make it here!

In other news: my alma-mater, Winona State, won the NCAA Div2 Men's National Basketball Championship on Saturday afternoon!! The game was on CBS and I actually watched it the whole time! In fact, you'd have thought I was a real sports fan as I yelled at the TV and pretty much had a nervous breakdown worrying they wouldn't win. My neighbors were probably like, "usually we hear showtunes and disco coming from his apartment....is he watching *sports*?!?!" It was a good game.

Anyway - Yay Winona State!!


Friday I met friend Brad at The Gay '90s. His sister and Mom were here from Iowa and they love the drag show. I wound up going to an afterbar in the suburbs and crashed at some guy's apartment. Duh.

Saturday afternoon, I joined Brad, his boyfriend, sister and Mom at the Mall of America for lunch. Then we went to IKEA. I can't wait to get real furniture - I'll have to go back there when I buy a condo. Cool stuff in there.

Last night I met Brad at The Bolt for beer bust/showtunes. I met someone and made out like an 8th grader.....but that's all I'm going to say for fear of jinxing it. We're supposed to go to dinner tonight. So, we'll see....

So, yeah - all in all, a grand weekend!

7 Comments:

  • Yay for making out!!! Swapping spit, swapping numbers...sounds like a grand weekend, indeed! :o)

    By Blogger AmyB, at 3:37 PM  

  • FUN! Wish I could come!

    By Blogger Twinkie, at 6:40 PM  

  • Made out like an 8th grader? Did you get stuff stuck in your braces? : )

    By Blogger potusol, at 9:19 PM  

  • OMG Kiddo, it was so great to meet you! I think that our blogfriendship was especially cemented when you told me you liked my purse. Even if it was just the gin talking, that will endear you to me forever.

    You are so funny about imagining your neighbors' confusion with the basketball game. Yay Winona State!

    By Blogger Christine, at 7:46 AM  

  • Hopefully my trip to MSP will be as fruitful as Christine's!

    By Blogger Meg, at 9:31 AM  

  • I have to say that while I was looking at bags at Macy's Sunday, Christine mentioned how you liked her purse & how happy that made her. Validation on things such as cute purses & shoes go a long way.

    Sat was fun! Glad I behaved, though, because the cops were out in force on the way home. Thanks for bellying up to the bar with me- always a good time! "Bring out the barrel..."

    By Blogger hot babe, at 12:29 PM  

  • there's nothing better than the random making out at a bar thing. it really is hot.

    By Blogger VeryApeAZ, at 1:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home