Kiddo78

Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Tagged - I'm it

Thanks, Potusol. I didn't really feel like leaving work, so I'll just complete the tag you assigned me to!

The rules are, once you've been tagged you have to write a blog with 6 weird things/habits about yourself. In the end you need to list 6 other people to tag and list their names. Don't forget to leave a comment saying "You've been tagged" in their comments and tell them to read your blog...

Here are six fucked up things about me (I would have thought I could name about 50, but now I'm drawing a blank....hmmm....):

1. I despise hosting parties/get-togethers: What with my social life at the bars, you'd think I love hosting parties and whatnot. Yeah...not so much. Or at least I don't like being the "guest of honor." I can't stand feeling like I have to talk to everyone or that I'm making someone feel left out if I'm not talking to them enough. Really not comfortable. Especially since I have so many little groups of friends who don't really know each other well.

2. I enjoy keeping tabs on my high school classmates. In fact, I'll once again be in charge of planning our upcoming reunion. I'm not the guest of honor, so this kind of event planning doesn't bother me in the least. It's pretty geeky, I know. I cringe when I watch "Romy & Michelle's High School Reunion" and how much of an ass they make the organizer look...trust me, I will not bring my yearbook for people to sign!

3. I have the diet of a six year old. When left to fend for myself, here's what my dinner menus usually consist of: grilled cheese & tomato soup, hotdogs, Mac-N-Cheese, pizza, sandwich (sometimes PB&J). I always have milk, Kool-Aid, popsicles and some sort of chocolate on hand as well. I do have to admit that once in a while, I'll prepare something with a chicken breast, but that's too much work. Hasn't my food pallette progressed since 1984?! Seriously...

4. I am a "year things happened" freak. Do you ever watch Dateline? You know that part where they say, "All of the following happened in what year...?" Then they'll play clips of events. Then they'll say, "Was it 1954, 1955 or 1956?" I really think I've only been wrong once or twice. Also, my friends make fun of me b/c I remember things by years in which they happened, sometimes months too. Just call me Rainman, I guess. Also, I knew what year natives of my hometown graduated from the local high school. It was freakish. (ZeppGoddess = 1982)

5. I enjoy long drives. By myself. In fact, I wake up easily the morning of a drive because I'm excited to hit the road. The longest I've ever driven alone, though, is about 6 hours. I think I'd like to try to go further, but it takes so much time that flying is more conducive when dealing with taking vacation from work.

6. I abhor crowded bars. Even gay bars. A lot of guys I know can't wait to get to a crowded club - the more guys, the better, I guess. This is when my Kennedyesque attitude really comes out and glass starts to shatter. Waiting in line for a drink is of hell. Being bumped in to by strangers is the devil. Having to stand and shift all night is vomitous. Sometimes it can be fun, I guess, if I have a table or a spot at the bar...

Come to find out, that wasn't so bad.

I tag the following six (don't shoot me): ChipChat, Twinkie, Ab, Meg, WalkTrot, AmyD

3 Comments:

  • It was hard for me to think of things too. I mean, what might be weird to others is perfectly normal to me. And I love long drives. I'm a road trip junkie. : )

    By Blogger potusol, at 3:23 AM  

  • Happy belated B-Day!

    I can not handel a packed bar either, it drives me batty, and I always have a horrible time.

    I will try to get my list up tonight, I have to start thinking of unique things!

    By Blogger Matt S., at 9:05 AM  

  • I'm with you on #1 and #6.

    I'm always so concerned with everyone else having a good time that I end up having a rotten time.

    And crowded bars suck. I go to bars to drink and play games (darts/pool/videogames). If it's crowded, it takes forever to get a drink, you can't play pool and I don't like standing in line for the bathroom!

    By Blogger VeryApeAZ, at 2:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home