Kiddo78

Tuesday, March 14, 2006

My barfday

Well, thank god I spent a little social time with a couple friends on Friday and a few on Saturday b/c I woke up with the flu on my actual birthday (Sunday). At first I thought I was just feeling the effects of mixing Wonderous Punch with gin, then a little beer. Oh no - by late afternoon it was clear that I had a pleasant case of the stomach flu. I spent my 28th birthday on the couch, in bed and laying on the bathroom floor. Good times. I was so damn thirsty but afraid to consume anything for fear of more vomiting. Then I remembered that I had some popsicles, so had about 10 of them and those saved me from dehydration. They stayed down too. So, if you should ever find yourself with the dreaded stomach flu, always have some popsicles on hand. They are lifesavers, let me tell you.

Friday night was fine. Just hung out with friends Scott and Roxann drinking at their place for a while.

Saturday, friend Mandy picked me up and we went to the bar Drink! in Uptown. Wow, there's some cute bartenders there. In fact, I want to say that bar was voted as having the best looking bartenders in Minneapolis. Then we went to The Red Dragon for Wonderous Punch, where friends Bill, Paul, Amanda and Michelle met us too. Finished the night at The 19 Bar. Nothing too exciting, or really worth mentioning, but still fun. I didn't even slap anyone! ...Or make out with anyone, for that matter.

To top Sunday off (as if puking my guts out weren't enough), I was also treated to the worst blizzard in 5-7 years. Since I was curled in a ball on the bathroom floor, I didn't even realize it was going on. The only bad part about it was everyone was snowbound at home Monday, so nobody could replenish my popsicle and Gatorade supply...I survived off Kool-Aid, however.

A memorable 28th birthday, I guess!! And just my luck to be vomitous for the first time in six years -- on my damn birthday...

3 Comments:

  • You poor thing! Happy Birthday, though! Sounds like you were way too well-behaved on Saturday, though. Maybe you were already on your way to being sicky-poo?... So sorry you were sick, but hopefully you are on the mend now!

    As for turning 28, I don't wanna hear another word out of you until you turn 30, as I am this year. Ugh...I feel about 23, how did this HAPPEN?!... ;o)

    By Blogger AmyB, at 4:14 PM  

  • When I first read the headline I started laughing thinking, "He got TRASHED!" Sorry about the flu. That really bites. :-(

    By Blogger VeryApeAZ, at 5:48 PM  

  • Happy Belated Birthday! Sorry about the pukey blizzard conditions...that is the worst! Do they make sugar free popscicles? They sound like an essential freezer staple...

    By Blogger Christine, at 8:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home