Kiddo78

Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Back in Black Tuesday

It's the most wonderful day of the year. My beloved Valentines Day!! Or as I like to call it (this year, anyway), Black Tuesday. The day when those of you who are in love celebrate! I'm happy for those of you are are (honestly), but I don't really get it. I don't think I've really ever been in love. Not the kind that's reciprocated, anyway. I was very fond of my ex-boyfriend of 2.5 years, but I don't think I really loved him in a "grown up" kinda way. If we got back together now, I think I could feel that and would definitely appreciate him much more. But oh well. We broke up in 2001 and he's been w/ "new" boyfriend since 2002, plus he lives more than 2 hours away, so the chances of that happening are slim-to-no chance in hell.

In honor of Valentines Day, a brief recap of my failed attempts at relationships since the ex and I broke up:

I played a lot for the months proceeding the breakup.

In early 2002, during Valentine's Day, actually, I was "seeing" this guy named Chad, whom I pretty much went Glenn Close over. I was totally infatuated with him and was picking out china patterns during every trip to Marshall Fields...and he was commenting on every cute young guy who walked by. He was a small town kinda guy with a butch job (landscaper/lawn sprayer). He is/was 7 years older than I and really cute. He reminded me of Scott Wolf from Party of Five and somewhat like a young Ed Harris. But, of course, I made the drastic mistake of letting it be known that I really liked him, so that didn't...really...work...out. Throughout that spring & summer, however, he did take every chance he could to accost me at parties and practically rip my clothes off in front of the other guests. All I can say is God bless the vodka and Mt. Dew mixtures that he was so fond of...

In the spring of 2002, I was "seeing" a younger guy. Very pretty. Very flirtatious. He actually made out with an acquaintance of mine while we were at the bar together. He also got a phone number from the biggest little man whore in town. In front of me. His excuse, "Well, we're not really together...just hanging out." He proceeded to sleep with both of them. But, he was pretty hot, so I kept my mouth shut. I randomly met three guys from all over the tri-state area who knew of this kid and had slept with him. Seriously. Didn't take long to get over that joker. I still see him out from time-to-time and we cordially talk.

Summer of 2002, I dated a Go-Go Boy who danced at Minneapolis' Gay '90s. He had just exited the Navy and was 20 (I was 24). He was always broke and I paid for everything. He took me out to eat and for drinks once. Later that evening he told me how he got the money. Yeah, some regular customer paid him and another Go-Go Boy to have sex while this customer watched and paid them each $2500. That was pretty much the end of that. Good pick, Kiddo...Real classy guy you found that time.

Late Fall of 2002/beginning of 2003, I had moved back to my college town of Winona and started to date a cute, funny guy from nearby La Crosse, Wis. He was a year older than I and we'd known of each other since college days, but never really met. We actually really liked each other and he pretty much moved in with me from Day 1. Then he lost his job and went kinda nuts. Couldn't find a job in Winona, so he moved back to La Crosse one day while I was at work. I'm still not really sure what happened there...The next guy he dated after me sure was ugly...and didn't charge any rent.

Spring/Summer of 2003, I met my friend Meg's cousin and we started to date. I was 25 and he was 21 and still in college - living about an hour away. Very cute, very nice guy. He came to Winona pretty much every weekend and he had roommates, so I never wanted to go visit him. This got a little old for him, so we pretty much just stopped seeing each other. I kinda screwed that one up.

Since then, I've gone on random dates with guys and hung out for a few weeks. I've developed new crushes, but nothing really lasted past a couple weeks. Some are now friends. Funny, I moved to Minneapolis in late 2004 to expand my dating pool and it seems to have shrunk. Oh well.

My real plans for tonight are:
1. Leave work
2. Visit Marshall Field's V-day displays. Kick a few over and tromp through them.
3. Do my cardio at the gym
4. Take skanky bus home with other jagoffs
5. Do about 235 loads of laundry
6. Eat a Lean Cuisine meal
7. Maybe do a little vaccuuming
8. Watch an episode or two of Mary Tyler Moore
9. Watch an episode or two of Sex and the City
10. I just decided to stop for a bottle of Captain before home

My fantasy plans:
1. Be picked up from work in a limo
2. Be greeted by my new hot boyfriend, Olymic Speed Skater Chad Hedrick
3. Dinner and cocktails at a nice restaurant (I'm not picky)
4. Private jet to Italy
5. A fun night in the hotel
6. Watch as he wins tons of gold medals and the camera always cuts to me in the crowd, cheering enthusiastically for my loyal new boyfriend who's infatuated with me

**Sigh** A boy can dream can't he?!?

Oh well. I'm usually pretty fine with being single. Gets a little old sometimes, though. Better luck next year!!


My Chad...god he's hot...thanks to ChipChat for letting me discover him

4 Comments:

  • You and the Captain have a fabulous evening. Doesn't sound too bad at all actually. Any night I get to watch Sex & the City while sipping an alcoholic beverage is a great night.

    By Blogger ab, at 5:31 PM  

  • Don't date anyone for six months. Even if a hottie approaches you and asks you out. Totally go cold turkey. I don't know why but it seems to help people land really awesome guys.

    By Blogger VeryApeAZ, at 1:16 PM  

  • Yeah...I haven't really "dated" anyone in almost 3 years. I guess that six-month rule doesn't really apply to me! Oh well, I'll focus on my gym routine and work!

    By Blogger Kiddo78, at 1:51 PM  

  • I did the three years off thing, for many reasons. After a couple of misfires (I liked them, they didn't like me) and a lot of pain I thought about taking another year off. But instead I decided to put a little effort into meeting new people. It didn't initially lead to dating anyone but it improved my mood and my outlook tremendously. Give it a try and see what happens. It wasn't easy and it required some effort but it's paid off.

    By Blogger potusol, at 2:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home