Kiddo78

Wednesday, February 01, 2006

I need a moment...

Sorry, but I really need to vent or I'm going to choke someone.

Am working on this tough job requirement one of my clients has and finally find someone who has their resume online with all the skills. Of course it's someone came here to work from India, since apparently all those Americans with Computer Science degrees take jobs outside the field (seriously, if there's a really technical job opening, the only qualified candidates are foreign nationals...).

Anyway - I'm thrilled because I see this guy has worked in the Midwest (our neighbor Wisconsin, even!) and usually you find people who live in California or New Jersey for these tough jobs. So I call him up and guess what? He says Minneapolis is too cold, but Milwaukee isn't. Ummm....Milwaukee is just a few hours southeast of Minneapolis. I try to explain to him that Minneapolis is in the southern part of Minnesota and therefore our weather is really more like Chicago's - a few degrees difference, usually, but feels the same. I even tell him that I've lived in both cities and there really isn't a noticeable difference. He refuses to believe me. He keeps saying, "I work in Chicago or Milwaukee, but Minneapolis too cold..."

I finally said, "you're ignorant" and hung up.

GOD-AHHHH!!!

That is such a HUGE pet-peeve of mine!!

Tomorrow's forecast for Minneapolis is 39. Milwaukee is 41. I should email that to him just to prove my point.

I can't say it enough -- it's not winter here all year long! People are so ignorant.


GASP! Summer in Minnesota?!?!

4 Comments:

  • I'd move to Minneapolis if the job was right. Hell right now I'd move to Norway for a good job. : )

    By Blogger potusol, at 7:14 PM  

  • That's some whacked out shit. If it's any consolation when I first joined the army, I would tell my fellow soldiers that I was from Baltimore. Their response was, "Oh Massachusetts." And if I said I was from Maryland they'd say, "Oh, did you live in Boston?" I gave up and finally said, "Near DC."

    By Blogger VeryApeAZ, at 1:53 AM  

  • That's why I don't live in Minnesota... it's too cold.


    Just kidding!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:45 PM  

  • Yeah right...I'm sure I can find some facts and figures that put them closer together. Minneapolis feels the very same as Chicago (and therefore Milwaukee) - I've lived in both places. Have you?? Idiot.

    By Blogger Kiddo78, at 4:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home