Kiddo78

Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Caddie Driver No More

I *did* go and get a new car on Thursday night. I'm leasing a 2006 VW Jetta. It's black with black leather interior. Me likes!! I already put 500 miles on it this weekend. You see, I drove all over the place just to get both my Cadillac and the Jetta switched. Then high school friend Crystal, who now lives in Boulder, CO, came for a visit on Friday night and I wound up giving her a ride back to our hometown of Dodge Center on Saturday morning. Did some running the rest of the weekend and 500 miles later, here I am. Still have to drive to my Mom's, more than an hour away, to get the Cadillac back in her driveway.

Normally I hardly ever drive, so I'm not worried about going over the 39,000 miles in 39 months.

I got the automatic transmission, so didn't get the new car with $0 down, but only had to pay for the license plates, so it was still cheap.

Yay for getting a new car for the first time since 2000!!!

Here it is:

7 Comments:

  • Nice!

    By Blogger ab, at 6:10 PM  

  • Congrats! It's gorgeous.

    By Blogger Twinkie, at 8:56 PM  

  • Awesome!! Looks HOT! :)

    Congrats...

    By Blogger The Persian, at 12:01 PM  

  • Love it! Congratulations!

    By Blogger walktrotcanter, at 12:21 PM  

  • Oooooh, I LOVE it! I have a VW Beetle, but I'm ready for something different. You won't judge me if at some point I copy you, will you? I mean, you are the coolest, after all... Ha!

    Congrats on the new car, kiddo!

    By Blogger AmyB, at 6:40 PM  

  • Weehoo! New cars rock. I've had my "new car" since July and I still love it. It makes sitting in traffic less painful when you like the car you drive.

    By Blogger VeryApeAZ, at 10:16 AM  

  • If all goes well (fingers crossed) I should have a new ride by Spring time. I'm thinking something topless : )

    By Blogger potusol, at 5:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home