Kiddo78

Monday, November 28, 2005

THAT went over well...

So, my family didn't even fight at all this year during our annual turkey feast. Usually there's slipped comments followed by awkward silence. But, nope - not this year! The worst was probably in 2002 when my brother and I were *screaming* at each other, including the f-bomb. It was because I was a couple hours late. My Mom was crying and I stormed out saying, "See you f'ers at Christmas." That was fun. As Ellen DeGeneres so brilliantly said, "You know things are starting to go downhill when somebody says, 'What's *that* supposed to mean...??'" Or, in my case, "See you f'ers at Christmas..." Maybe it had to do with the fact that not all 8 of we kids were there at once...

My sister Becky attended her first family function in two years. It was a little awkward at first...kinda searching for conversation, but by the end, all was well and we were all talking and laughing about family stories. My blind grannie recanted her recent mishap that involved stepping in dog-doo. She said, "Your Mother and I got back to my apartment, sat down, and she said, "Why, Mother, you've stepped in dog shit!!" Had to be there, but it was funny to hear a blind 87-yr-old woman exclaim that.

The rest of the weekend was spent drinking with friends. Jeff's family was here from North Dakota - his sister and I have a good time together. She's a riot.

Hung out with a guy on Saturday night whom I haven't seen in a couple years or more. We met at the Gay '90s and hung out in the Retro Bar for a little while, watched Roxy Marquis do her Madonna "Time Goes By So Slowly" (or whatever it's called) in the drag show lounge, then we went to Minneapolis' pretty boy bar, The Saloon. It was packed as always and I felt old. We did dance a little and I left right before close. This same guy and I hung out at my place last night too. Don't really know if there's any potential there. We'll see, I guess.

At least I didn't pass out in my hallway or burn the carpet this year!

3 Comments:

  • Wow, sounds like your holdiay was a complete success! I wouldn't call it a "Kennedy Thanksgiving" (because what's a family gathering without the drama?), but good for you! ;o)

    By Blogger AmyB, at 10:24 AM  

  • I thought the night you got locked out, passed out in the hall, & burnt a hole in the carpet was a pretty all around good one. It was the next morning that sucked.

    By Blogger hot babe, at 4:12 PM  

  • Funny thing is that I always bitched about the drama and this year I missed it like crazy.

    There's nothing like a good sibling brawl to make you feel loved.

    By Blogger Angela, at 10:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home