Kiddo78

Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Do you ever feel blogged out?

I've been really bad about reading blogs lately and haven't felt much like posting either (aside from my marathon this past Friday). I go through blogging phases, I think. Plus, not that anyone cares, but work hasn't allowed any time to fool around lately either. Plenty of time to make me feel like hurling a chair through the window, but none for blogging!

Brechi asked me to try the guest-blogging thing, which I want to do - so hopefully some inspiration will appear soon. I'm still not really sure what it's all about (the guest-blogging thing). Am I an idiot for not "getting" it, or am I reading too much into it?? I mean, should I just write something I'd normally write, but publish it on someone else's blog? Is that all it is?? Funny that this is stressing me out. Welcome to my world - where little things are cause for much sweat.

On another note - hung out with New Guy again last night. It was much the same...just sitting on the couch, not making any contact, and kind of chuckling at the TV. We watched the end of Gremlins and then an episode of Golden Girls. Welcome to zany, crazy world of dating Kiddostyle, my friends...Pathetic...

I'm kind of nervous of him. He's almost 36, but looks late 20s. He's in *such* better shape than I am and is all health-conscious. He's only been that way about a year, but I can't help but wonder...what's he going to think when he sees that I could stand to do a couple situps? What's he going to think about the unhealthy items tossed in my cart while grocery shopping? What's he going to think if we go to a bar together and sees me throwing back a few (dozen) beers??

I feel like I'm on the road to inevitable doom.

Ay' carumba, muchacho...

11 Comments:

  • Ay' carumba, muchacho indeed.....

    I've got blogger burnout in a bad way but every time I stop for a bit there's a revolt in certain third world countries and I don't want to be responsible for that.

    Just kiss the guy and don't worry about the need for situps. Being nervous is sort of fun/exciting but making out while watching the Golden Girls is WAY better.

    You'll figure it out : )

    By Blogger potusol, at 12:35 AM  

  • I've totally been there with burnout. And now that I'm not tag-team blogging, it's harder than ever. I say walk away when you need to and come back. I wait around for other blogs to restart constantly. It happens.

    By Blogger Jay Six, at 1:46 AM  

  • p.s. The New Guy knows what you look like. You sized him up, right? He's looking for you and he likes what he sees so far. It'll be cool. Do situps if you waat, but I'm sure he doesn't care.

    By Blogger Jay Six, at 1:48 AM  

  • Yea what's up with that guest blog thing he was talking about, I didn't get it either.

    Blogger burnout..all of us have it methinks. Just post a quote, song, video..enticing picture, whatever.
    You would be surprised the people who would enjoy something that simple.

    Hey..you got a new guy too! Much luck, I love when everything is fresh and new and you are getting to know each other. If he's gonna give you crap and tell you to crunch or throw that box of Hot Pockets BACK in the freezer isle..then well...how cute did you say he was again? :)

    By Blogger The Persian, at 5:19 AM  

  • Everybody has body image issues. Even people who look like Adonis to you and me feel insecure. I bet he feels the same way that you do.

    By Blogger VeryApeAZ, at 10:17 AM  

  • He likes you. Relax and enjoy the ride!

    As for blog burnout, I get it all the time. That's when I just sit down and start writing about what happened that day... Sometimes those are the best posts, I think. I like to hear about your boring days almost as much as your drama.

    By Blogger Twinkie, at 5:57 PM  

  • I am the queen of blog burnout. Sometimes I feel that all I do is complain and I am sure no one wants to read it.

    Then after I have been silent for a while I get an e-mail from you or Twinkie wanting to know if I'm okay and it makes me want to jump back in and blog away.

    By Blogger Angela, at 9:32 PM  

  • I am with you about the blogging. Sometimes I feel like I have nothing to say, which is weird, cos I always have something to say! Just stick with it... I always have a reserved post... I haven't had to use it yet, but I can't wait till I do!

    As far as the boy liking you or not in regards to your habits (drinking, eating) whatever! IF he doesn't like a man that drinks beer, something is wrong! I personally think that guys look and feel better with a little meat on them. If that makes me a chubby chaser... so be it.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:31 PM  

  • We all experience bloggr burnout, alot of times I just write through it, and I will have a series of crappy posts, but I know the few loyaly readers I have will still come by and read even when it is garbage.

    I have toyed with the idea of guest blogging, and having guest bloggers, I think I would allow other to blog for me before I would blof for them simply because I feel like I would have to try to conform to their style if I were guest blogging, and chances are I would fuck it all up.

    Keep us up to date with the deets on Mr. New Guy, it sounds really exciting!

    By Blogger Matt S., at 10:32 AM  

  • it wasn't meant to stress you! but no problem :)

    By Blogger Brechi, at 5:14 PM  

  • if one has nothing of import to state, remaining silent is the best tact

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home