Kiddo78

Friday, November 11, 2005

To Our Veterans


Thank you, veterans, for your service.

I know, I for one, am very aware and appreciative of the sacrifices made to ensure our freedom and way of life as Americans.

In college, a friend declared she didn't know what Pearl Harbor was. I was enraged. I said, "How the fuck did you get into college - and you don't even know what Pearl Harbor is?!" People were like, "God...big deal..."

Well, it is a big deal. If we had been in our early 20s in the 1940s instead of the late '90s, all the guys we know would have been away at war - risking their lives fighting for our freedom.

I know it sounds clicheed and all, but it's true.

Oh, and not to mention the fact that my Dad died as a result of his service during Vietnam. He got cancer from the Agent Orange the United States sprayed on the Vietnamese vegetation.

So, thanks veterans.

4 Comments:

  • another awesome entry!
    ps would you be interested in a guest blogging idea i've got? shoot me an email brechi@gmail.com

    By Blogger Brechi, at 12:22 PM  

  • Right on man...It's amazing how little kids today care about the history of this country. Would you believe one of my friends thought the Civil War took place in the 1700's????? WTF

    By Blogger The Persian, at 1:21 PM  

  • Sorry about your dad, dude. And I don't think you overreacted at all... Not knowing about Pearl Harbor??? Wasn't that like the biggest attack on the US before 9/11? I can't believe she didn't know about it.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:06 PM  

  • Fuck you, you stupid ignorant fascist.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home