Kiddo78

Friday, March 10, 2006

28 -- Learn it. Live it. Love it.


It's my awful birthday on Sunday, March 12. Just kidding - 28 ain't half bad, although the light at the end of my 20s tunnel certainly is becoming brighter...

No real big plans. Think I'm going to have a few cocktails with friends Scott and Roxann -the California natives- tonight. I hope they'll be open to Red Dragon for some Wonderous Punch (one will make you drunk). The last time we went, Roxann wound up hiking up her skirt and vomiting due to an allergy to pineapple. No Wonderous Punch for her, I guess...

Tomorrow night (Saturday), I'll be bar-hopping with some friends. We're going to start in Uptown and work our way Downtown. It won't be pretty, I'm sure. I plan on slapping a few people and throwing empty glasses about whilst declaring my Kennedy lineage.

I took Monday morning off, so the fun will continue on my actual birthday on Sunday. So far the plan is to go somewhere for Bloody Mary lunch (maybe the Uptown Bar & Grill), then to the Bolt for beer bust ($8 all you can drink tap beer from 4-8) and showtunes. The slapping and breaking glass will surely continue to ensue. Then I'm going to make out with the hot bartender. In front of his boyfriend.

Speaking of making out. I went home with a guy a couple nights ago. He's a closeted, butch South Dakota native with that quiet cowboy type nature. My age. He actually works in the hotel that's in my office building. I'm thinking some afternoon delight may be in order. If only I could remember his name. Kidding. I totally know his first name - or at least the first initial.

ANYWAY -- Happy Birthday to me!!!

Some others who turn 28 in 2006:
Jared Fogle (Subway dude) - Jan. 1
January Jones - Jan. 5
A.J. McLean - Jan. 9
Ashton Kutcher - Feb. 7
Lauren Ambrose - Feb. 20
Kevin Federline - March 21
James Franco - April 19
Kenan Thompson - May 10
Jason Biggs - May 12
Shane West - June 10
Joshua Jackson - June 11
Ethan Embry - June 13
Topher Grace - July 12
Josh Hartnett - July 21
Countess Vaughn - Aug. 8
Kobe Bryant - Aug. 23
Wes Bentley - Sep. 4
Benjamin McKenzie (The O.C.) - Sep. 12
Ruben Stoddard - Sep. 12
Usher - Oct. 14
Will Estes – Oct. 21
Justin Guarini - Oct. 28
Nelly - Nov. 2
Clay Aiken - Nov. 30
Nelly Furtado - Dec. 2
Ian Somerhalder - Dec. 8
Jesse Metcalfe - Dec. 9
Katie Holmes - Dec. 18

7 Comments:

  • Happy Birthday!!! (a little early)

    Don't get too crazy this weekend with the Wonderous Punch. Keep in mind that the person you slap might just be the man of your dreams (or they might know him). Throw all the glasses you want though (you gotta have SOME fun).

    : )

    By Blogger potusol, at 2:41 PM  

  • Happy birthday! Mine's coming up too... *cough*

    By Blogger dan, at 10:41 PM  

  • Yea for 28!!! Happy Birthday! Have fun this weekend...nothing like ringing in a new age with some Wonderous Punch.
    Love the trist with *Ennis* from your work building...that whole quiet cowboy thing is hot!

    By Blogger walktrotcanter, at 6:46 AM  

  • What a thought provoking comment about "slapping the stranger"! It's almost biblical. Love it.

    Happy birthday Kiddo! We'll be 28 together for 6 days, and then I go off into the beyond of 29. Oh, and Dan don't think your birthday could be forgotten. That's what blog archives are for after all....

    By Blogger Christine, at 7:06 AM  

  • Ok, just when you thought there was nothing to write about you get tagged.

    Take a look at my blog to find out just how lucky you are.

    ; )

    p.s. I think you should somehow roll this into a post birthday post.

    By Blogger potusol, at 12:29 PM  

  • HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Remember, you rock. Give yourself a biggo kiss.

    By Blogger Twinkie, at 2:55 PM  

  • Happy B-Day to you! I hope yu did some making out!

    By Blogger ab, at 9:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home