Kiddo78

Thursday, March 02, 2006

"Don't touch me there, Doctor!"

I had my annual "check-up" yesterday. Not the most evasive kind a boy can have, thank god, but it still involved having to wear one of those gowns and coughing, so...yeah...you get the picture. Good news! I don't have "the cancer" anyway.

I also had "blood work" done - that's doctor speak for having an HIV Test. You know behind our backs most of them are like, "Yeah, hi, Front desk Dotty? Yeah...this is Dr. Ponytail. Yur gonna need to go ahead and schedule one of them fag tests for my patient tomorrow, mkay? Great. Thanks."

I'm not at all worried about the results, but still just get kinda nervous even thinking about getting the dreaded phone call instead of a computer-generated letter. !Muchos nuerves!

Discovered that at the tender age of almost 28, I've shrunk a half-inch. The doc also suggested I have a cholesterol test. Next thing you know I'll have an AARP newsletter in my mailbox. F'ing geriatric ward. At least my gym routine is starting to pay off. I've lost five pounds and my belly seems like it lost a roll. <> **Focus on the good -- focus on the good -- focus on the good**

Ay, carumba, muchachos....

(I've been randomly speaking in Spanish lately. Well, what little I know of the language however - and even murdering that. I wonder what that means...I must find out sometime)


I knew this bastard went to JoeBob's School for Doctorin'!

4 Comments:

  • Congrats on losing 5 pounds and a roll! More than I can say...

    And also, I got myself an HIV test, too, although I asked for it (I just said "let's just do an all around checkup, shall we?"), and although I had no reason to worry either, I was still nervous for some reason, too. I'll all clear, though. Yay me! :o)

    Oh, and I don't wanna here about "Don't touch me there, doc" outta you...just be thankful you aren't a girl, kiddo! Ha!

    By Blogger AmyB, at 9:23 AM  

  • Even if I've been celibate for months on end and only practice safer sex, I still worry about the test results. It sucks that way.

    By Blogger VeryApeAZ, at 12:06 PM  

  • There is nothing like figuring out that you are indeed getting older. Except being reminded of it by doctors at every opportunity. My doctor actually said something along the lines of "a man your age" the last time I was in for a checkup. I nearly punched him. Good job with the gym thing.

    Oh, and it could be worse. My old doctor had this "habit" of wanting to do a prostate exam EVERY time I went in. Which was especially strange when I would go in for a sore throat.

    By Blogger potusol, at 6:12 PM  

  • Five lbs AND a roll? Woot! You go!

    *fingers crossed* on your test, even though you don't need it. ;-)

    By Blogger Twinkie, at 7:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home