Kiddo78

Friday, March 17, 2006

Luck o' the Irish - ain't got any


Greetings, wee lasses and lassies!

That was lame. I couldn't think of any other Irish ways to say hello.
Happy St. Patrick's Day, anyway!

I don't have any Irish blood in me - not that I know of, anyway. But I'll still go out and have some green beer tonight, I'm sure. And if I'm feeling really wild, Maybe dance a jig - followed by a shot o' whiskey. Watch out, Minneapolis!!

What I want to know is, when can I celebrate my own heritage? If anyone has a good day to celebrate being English, French, Welsh, Norwegian, Swedish or Finn, please let me know!! Let's think of a day, shall we??

ENGLAND -- The Queen's birthday, maybe (recognized June 17)?? Or Pancake Day (Mardi Gras)?
FRANCE -- Bastille Day?? Guess I'll have some cocktails July 14.
WALES -- Maybe Catherine Zeta Jones' birthday? I'll drink to that...
NORWAY -- Syttende Mai? I'm gettin' drunk on May 17! It's their independence day.
SWEDEN -- Sveriges Nationaldag (Swedish Nat'l Day). Gettin' my drink on again June 6!
FINLAND -- Vappu (May Day) - Apparently a lot of booze is had...I'm there!

God bless the Internet (and the Queen).

2 Comments:

  • I say drink every weekend and celebrate a different nation each week. That's the beauty of being American right?

    By Blogger VeryApeAZ, at 1:04 AM  

  • Amen to that, veryapeaz! I loved this post, kiddo...I think I'm going to do some thinking and come up with some special days I can celebrate my heritage, too! Aside from English and Irish, I got's some German and Czechoslovakian in me, too. Woo hoo...FOUR days of drinking! :o)

    By Blogger AmyB, at 11:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home