Kiddo78

Thursday, September 22, 2005

Move over Rita, Tammy's on the way...

From the AP:

There are only four names left for tropical storms and hurricanes this year: Stan, Tammy, Vince and Wilma. After that, names switch to the 24 letters of the Greek alphabet: Alpha, Beta, Gamma, Delta and so on through Omega, if needed.

Hurricane Tammy?? I just can't picture it...just doesn't seem like the name for storm or hurricane.

Will it come ashore whistling the tune of Stand by Your Man by Miss Tammy Wynette? Will it be wearing a lot of eyeliner and fake eyelashes like Tammy Faye Baker-Mesner? Will it be drinking beer and smoking like ZeppGoddess?

I just can't picture a hurricane named Tammy.

And how can they be out of names? I bet I can think of a few for them if they need more...How about Hurricane Milly? Tropical Storm Bob? C'mon National Weather Service, it's not that hard!

3 Comments:

  • You obviously haven't seen Tammy Faye get mad when someone tries to photograph her without her makeup.

    By Blogger potusol, at 3:36 PM  

  • I worked with a Tammy who was so nasty that she should take it as a compliment if a hurricane is named after her.

    By Blogger Ry, at 4:41 PM  

  • Several Tammy's I have worked with have sported bad perms and heavy liquid eyeliner. Thus is my visual of a TAMMY hurricane!

    By Blogger walktrotcanter, at 9:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home