Kiddo78

Tuesday, April 25, 2006

I'm baaack....

Got back from Jamaica in one piece. It was a good time. Pretty much just cocktails at the beach and poolside bar the whole time - suprise, surprise. Oh, and the wedding was very nice too!

If planning a trip to Jamaica, I would not recommend you stay at Sandals Ocho Rios resort. It was still nice & all and I liked the bungalow style rooms, but there just seemed to be something missing...a few of the staff seemed "put off" by the guests a lot, there weren't many boating options offered (they only do a booze cruise twice per week), we had to wait for dinner service much of the time, the beach wasn't that great, etc., etc. It was still nice, but just seemed like we should have gotten more for the money we spent. I have heard that Sandals' resort in Montego Bay is really nice, however.

HIGHLIGHTS:
* My friend Mike and I flew there & back together. We saw Hulk Hogan and his family at the Miami Airport. Mike even got a picture taken with him. I'll post when I get it. Hulkster is really nice.

* 15+ hours door-to-door to get there and about 14 coming back --- NIGHTMARE

* At the poolside bar one day, it was discovered that I went to elementary school with someone else sitting at the bar back in tiny Dodge Center, MN!! She was a grade below me and moved away after 4th grade in the late '80s, but we remembered each other....it was really quite strange. I know some people hate this term, but I think it's appropriate to use: Small world!!

* I got sunburned on my shins of all places!! My legs have never burned before, so I didn't really bother with sunscreen on them. NOte to self: put sunscreen on all body surfaces when that close to the Equator!

As usual, pictures to follow in about six months when I get them developed.....



The daughter was with him too...I forget her name. Have never seen that show yet...

5 Comments:

  • Welcome home! I can't believe you recognized someone from 4th grade...in Jamaica!

    Can't wait to see the pictures...

    By Blogger Christine, at 7:28 AM  

  • Welcome back...I was tres jealous to know you were in *the land of bottomless cocktails*!!

    By Blogger walktrotcanter, at 11:04 AM  

  • elementary school mate in jamaica--isn't that the weirdest shit? But i love when that happens.

    I'm glad that you made it there and back without getting beat up. Jamaicans aren't particularly gay friendly unfortunately.

    By Blogger VeryApeAZ, at 1:07 PM  

  • I really don't like that he is pointing with his hand towards his daughter's vag. Not cool.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:31 PM  

  • I was totally noticing the inappropriate hand localle!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home