Kiddo78

Friday, February 11, 2005

Need some guidance...

Alright you nurturing girls (and guys) out there....My friend Sam invited me to a Gay 8-Minute Dating event here in Minneapolis (he's hot and hosting it). Should I go?? I dunno...I'm really nervous around new people - especially if they're cute. What are my options?? How can I guarantee that I'm the one who just sits at the table and the guys come to me?? Lordy - what a predicament. Advice is requested, please....should I (if I go) wear my best or just look like I don't really give a shit?? I'm finding it hard to *not* be like cynical Miranda from my, clearly, favorite show, Sex and the City....HELP. Yay or Nay??

6 Comments:

  • Go. Those things usually involve everyone meeting everyone- so you won't be sitting alone at a table. And don't go all out on the look, but don't look like you don't care at all. I know you can find something "breezy" to wear. Be breezy.

    By Blogger hot babe, at 7:21 AM  

  • Go for sure. Those things are usually pretty organized, so it won't be total chaos or anything. And I agree with hot babe. Breezy is the way to go.

    By Blogger The Unprocessed Project, at 8:03 AM  

  • well, I met Greg on a phone line (no kidding) so I of course am all for it.Think of how unbelivable it would be if you did in fact meet someone.I used to go to the phone line and listen with a friend for entertainment.Greg was bored out of his mind at work so he did it to pass the time.I never would have thought I would have met anyone, let alone my husband.GO

    By Blogger Unknown, at 4:27 PM  

  • do it! (or maybe you did already). I am nervous around new people in general - SO bad at small talk. Like hot babe and the rest said - you are forced to meet people - and that's a good thing. Let us know how it is (was)!

    By Blogger Bob, at 9:37 PM  

  • Totally go. I think those things are awesome. 8 minutes seems a little long, though. Wasn't it like 4 minutes on sex and the city? 8 minutes sounds excruciating if you got nothing to say. You better some up with the stock quotes before you go.

    By Blogger dan, at 11:11 AM  

  • Did you go? Or is it still in the future? I think those things sound pretty cool too. Hope that you had a good time!

    By Blogger Christine, at 9:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home