Kiddo78

Wednesday, February 23, 2005

Could This be Magic?

Wow. Wow.

Again, I hope I'm not jinxing anything by talking about it too soon, but that date was the shit. Well, the date itself wasn't the most exciting ever, but we could have gone to Bubba's Baithouse and I would have had a good time.

Ryan and I decided that he should come to the city and that even though it's cheesey, we were both kind of in the mood for Applebees food & atmosphere. So we went to the one on Lake Street by Lake Calhoun. He picked me up in his little red sports car, an Eclipse - which looked brand new in the interior. Puts my garbage can on wheels to shame...Anyway, I decided to just wear my Charlie Brown sweater (brown, with orange graph stripe) & jeans with my tan courdoroy (sp) jacket. I threw on the little brown stocking hat with tassel for good measure. He wore jeans and a button-down, so we were both casual. The mood at Applebees was fine -- I was nervous and didn't know what to say b/c I kept thinking, "He's too cute for me....Why is he looking at me?? Oh god, do I have food on my face?? What should we talk about?? He's too cute for me..."

Then I could tell that he still liked me b/c he was concerned that he was boring me b/c I was kind of quiet and he said, "you seem so mellow..." I never know what to say to a guy I like unless I have a few cocktails. I wasn't even thinking about cigarettes, but kind of wished he had ordered a drink to break the ice -- instead we just had water. I got done eating way before he did and then I didn't know if I should talk or let him eat - so I just looked out the window. Probably not a very smooth move, but I don't know what to do! We usually don't date in gay land! So, he finally got done eating (even dessert) and we sat & talked for about an hour over our nice water. That was fun. Then he suggested we go somewhere else since it's 10:30 by this point. We decide to go to a coffee place called Vera's in Uptown that's pretty gay friendly. He parked in the alley behind the building and I had my door open a crack when he asked if we could make out. I thought he was kidding so I said "Here? No!" And then he asked if we could just for a second and I realized he wasn't kidding. So, there we are again making out like to high school kids, except this time it's in his car...People were leaving around us and we realized that Vera's had probably closed. The first thing I saw was this little shop across from us -- someone turned on the lights in there and all that was on the glass door was the word "Mono." -- Great, that probably means I'll get mono from making out like a 15-yr-old too much. The back window was fogged up, so we thought we better go. We decided to go to my house to "watch a movie." We made it about halfway through an episode of Sex and the City (it was "Great Sexpectations") before the makeout session started again. He left at about 2:00 a.m. I immediately had my first cigarette since 7 p.m.

We're hanging out again tonight -- I think I'm going to meet him at his part-time job in Eagan. His regular job is a flight attendant for Northwest - but he's not the queenie kind. He's the hot kind. He said he tried to surprise me with a date that involved air travel last night, but he couldn't get us a flight home....Now that would have been one hell of a first date -- being whisked away to New York for a late dinner....

I better not F this one up...

10 Comments:

  • This is probalby going to be a really lame-o straight person question, but how do you know who pays on a date when you are both male? I would usually assume that the guy would pay on any of my first dates, but it's different when they are both guys.

    I'm so glad you had a good time. Seems like a nice guy and the fact that he is cute is a bonus! What are you doing tonight? You never said what his part time job is.

    By Blogger The Unprocessed Project, at 1:36 PM  

  • Well, it seems like usually the older one pays -- or the who seems to have the better job. But, we paid Dutch. I think we'll decide what to do when we talk later on -- his PT job is at a tanning salon.

    By Blogger Kiddo78, at 2:32 PM  

  • I'm vicariously way too excited. And see, you will make it to NY sometime soon. I never thought about the who would pay question. Learn something new every day. Have fun tonight!

    By Blogger Christine, at 4:17 PM  

  • OH my goodness! Congratulations! How did you meet him again?

    By Blogger Bob, at 4:23 PM  

  • ok...nevermind. I didn't see the post below... :-)

    By Blogger Bob, at 4:24 PM  

  • I am soooooooooooo giddy!!! I want to go make out in the car with Greg.How exciting and fun.Greg and my first date he was moving really s-l-o-w and I asked him "do you wanna kiss me?" which is so not like me but I really wanted him to know I invited it...Wow,I guess I was a big slut

    By Blogger Unknown, at 7:20 PM  

  • oops,I forgot to say how excited I am for you!!!Yay,really I smiled soooo big through this whole post!

    By Blogger Unknown, at 7:21 PM  

  • Stacy, if asking he to kiss you on your 1st date was slutty, then what does that make me? Wait, don't answer that.

    Kiddo, maybe tonight- right now- you're in Chicago having dinner because he flew you there! How fun. God, I want to make out in a car.

    By Blogger hot babe, at 9:09 PM  

  • I was refering to how far I let the kiss go and what it evolved into:)

    By Blogger Unknown, at 10:16 PM  

  • I'm way late on this boat cuz I got the flu, but I'd like to add my congrats. Good luck.

    By Blogger dan, at 7:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home