Kiddo78

Thursday, February 17, 2005

Busy week...

I guess it's pretty obvious that work is kicking my ass...even though I work from home. After sitting at *this* computer every day from 10-7, I can't wait to get away from it at "quitting time," so the blog has been ignored. But, yeah - work actually keeps me busy the whole time, so I don't really even have much downtime to blog....rats! Who knew a job actually required so much time working?!

Not much, but work, happened over the past week. I went out with fun college friend Amanda on Friday night. We met some other former Winonans (except they went to the private university in Winona and Amanda & I went to Winona State). We went to a bar called The Red Dragon in Uptown (I've been a few times before). It's basically a hole-in-the-wall Chinese restaurant, but it's a pretty popular bar because of the Wonderous Punch they serve -- and man, is it wonderous!! Most people get drunk off just one (comes in a large glass), so I had two. Nothing really exciting, but fun.

Saturday I did nothing. Then friend/neighbor, Scott, called and asked if I wanted to watch a movie and drink Captain Cokes with him. So we watched two movies - Dodgeball (funny but not the most funny thing ever) and Napoleon Dynamite. Then another friend came over - and I drank way too much Captain that night...in fact, you might say that Captain Morgan raped me. I don't think I'll report it...I mean, you can't rape the willing.


Sunday the same friend who joined after movies, Bill, and I decided to go to Showtunes at The Bolt because it was friend Trevor's birthday. We finished the evening at The Brass Rail and watched some OLD drag queens perform. One does a pretty mean Patsy Cline. Oh, and then a "team" of them did "Beat Me Daddy, Eight to the Bar" by The Andrews Sisters. It was actually entertaining.


I rolled out of bed just in time to get to work (computer desk next to the bed) on Monday morning...I love working at home.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home