Kiddo78

Wednesday, March 05, 2008

Dreaming of Dionne


I guess my new-found appreciation of American Idol is even finding a round-about way into my dreams.

Last night I had a dream that I was a Ryan Seacrest-ish type personality and had some sort of show to host. Where did I go to get ready for the show?? To Dionne Warwick's house of all places. She was in the bathroom teasing her hair and I had to stand in her hallway to give myself a trendy look (although in real life, my hair is far too short for the messy, tossled look).

Anyway, in the dream, Dionne and I were friends so I didn't find it strange at all that we were getting ready for the show together (nor that she lived in a one-bedroom apartment). I asked Dionne if she had any gel or MOUSSE I could use (yes, I asked her for mousse...is this the '80s?). Ya know what kind of gel Ms. Dionne Warwick uses?? DEP.

In the end, I couldn't get my hair to look right and finally just gave up...

The awards show was pretty casual because I was wearing jeans and a black button-down shirt. Dionne suddenly went from casual to wearing a gown. Once we got to the podium and said hello, I turned to Dionne and started singing, "From the moment I wake up....Before I put on my makeup.....I say a little prayer for you...."

To which the crowd was delighted. Dionne, however, was not.

And then I woke up and realized that it's just a snowy Wednesday morning in Minneapolis.

I'd rather be on my way to San Jose....

1 Comments:

  • Ahahahaaaa! Best. Dream. EVER. Freaking classic!

    Dep. *sigh*

    By Blogger AmyB, at 12:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home