Kiddo78

Friday, November 16, 2007

Do the Hustle!

Well, at least it only took me a week to post again. Maybe I'm weening myself back into Blogger Land??

You've missed my wild weekends, haven't you?

Here's what's in store for this weekend - and might I add, in every sense of the term, Thank God it's Friday!! Uggghhh.....what a shitty week at work. Blah.

Anyway, this weekend:

Tonight, wild friend Jess is celebrating her 30th Bday! I don't know if I ever blogged about it, but she moved to Colorado last December to be with her boyfriend, who is now her fee-ants.

Anyway, we're going to Buca di Beppo in stupid Eden Prairie b/c Miss Jess waited until this morning to make reservations for downtown Buca!! Duhhh... I haven't eaten at Buca in a quite a while, so that should be good. Judging by how I feel about everything at the moment and my craving for a good hard drink, however, I'm not sure how much I'll partake in the dining as much as I'll partake in whatever booze they can offer besides wine (not a big wine fan here). I think there are 12 of us going.

THEN - it's off to the Gay '90s in good ol' downtown Minneapolis (or as I sometimes call it, "the hell away from the suburbs"). We're going to boogie the night away a la 1977 at the Retro Bar within this esteemed landmark. All that's played in the Retro Bar is '70s (mostly disco) and '80s music. It's fabulously fun. Nothing like celebrating someone born in 1977 than doing The Hustle at the Retro Room. I thought about dressing up in a leisure suit, but I'll save that for my own 3oth birthday in March...

Saturday - Not sure yet, but at some point, I'll venture over to NE Minneapolis to a little place called Elsie's Bowling Center (I think that's the official name, anyway). It's this place that my brother and his friends kind of adopted as their official group gathering spot. His ex-girlfriend (with whom we're all still friends) is having a going away party....she's moving to Utah to be with her new boyfriend. Maybe I'll have to go visit her so I can see some real polygamists, since Big Love is one of my favorite shows. I guess she's moving to Salt Lake City. All I think about when I think of SLC is The Osmonds and Ted Bundy (I remember watching that TV movie about him called The Deliberate Stranger, and he moved to SLC to continue his killing spree - yikes)!

Anyway - they will all be bowling, as usual, but I'm sure I'll just be sitting at a table with this girl named Rachel gossiping about everyone else! It's kind of a tradition we have. Actually a funny site to see all these 30-year-old yuppies at this neighborhood bar / bowling alley with the locals...Usually a good time, anyway!

Sunday will be my typical day of vegging and drinking Gatorade on the couch.

Liquor-ridden, waste of time & money to some.....but a little piece of heaven type-weekend for me!!


We may do "The Foxy Trot" tonight too...

2 Comments:

  • Hey! Where is the weekend update? I KNOW you have some juicy recounting to do...you always do, after all. ;o)

    Hope you had a great time!

    By Blogger AmyB, at 1:10 PM  

  • OMG, Big Love is one of my favorite shows too. Do you think they have Gay or Lesbian polygamists?

    By Blogger Angela, at 1:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home