Kiddo78

Friday, August 18, 2006

Off to C.H.I.C.A.G.O.

Like Shirley McClain (sp) in Postcards From the Edge, "I'm still here!" Wow, it's been almost a whole month since I've posted - a new record for me, I think. I doubt if any of you are even still checking...

I'll catch a train to the airport in about an hour. Am flying to Chicago to see my old "sorority sister," Tara, who actually lives in the suburbs - the great Naperville. We'll be in the city tomorrow, though, where I can revisit my old stomping grounds of North Michigan Avenue, or the Magnificent Mile...I interned there five years ago and worked right next to the Wrigley Building and across from the Tribune Tower.

We'll have fun people watching and commenting on bad outfits and hairdos. We'll do happy hour in the city but will need to go back to Naperville to go out tomorrow night...It doesn't bother me, Tara and I have fun no matter where we are.

We became friends at the end of freshman year. She wound up leaving Winona during sophomore year, but we obviously stayed in close touch. We pretty much just laugh the whole time we're together whenever we hang out, which sadly isn't very much. Haven't seen her in two years, so this will be fun!

Maybe I'll start posting more soon...maybe...


:: Good ol Chicago ::

7 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home