Kiddo78

Saturday, July 08, 2006

What have I gotten myself in to???

Sorry if you've been tirelessly wondering what happened w/ my job! My year anniversary was approaching and I asked to either get a raise in my base salary, or get my original commission structure back (the boss cut it twice for the company overhead). He said I'd just have to get more hires if I wanted more money, so I said I'd just have to start looking and he suggested that I start right away (in other words, he's cheap and was mad that I would quit because of it). So - there ya go!! I've got three offers on the table now and will make my final decision on Monday. The one I'm leaning toward is also downtown Minneapolis, so at least I still won't have a commute and can walk to work!

I'm planning my ten-year high school reunion...pretty much alone. Finding addresses is a big undertaking! I don't remember it being so much work for our five-year reunion. It's kind of fun, though, to see where everyone has wound up living. There are 100 of us in my class - almost all still live in Minnesota. I read somewhere that 80% of the world's population lives within 50 miles of where they were born....this has held true in my class's case!! A majority of my classmates still live within 20 miles of our hometown...nothing wrong with that, but glad I don't!! Okay, I'm only 90 miles away, but still away nonetheless!

So - that's all that's new in my little corner of the world. I'd also like to add, "God bless Air Conditioning...."

Oh - and Happy (belated) 230th Birthday to America!!!

5 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home