Kiddo78

Friday, June 02, 2006

Blah, Blah...Boring Sheep

Yeah, I've been on a blogging hiatus again. Mostly because nothing is new. Nothing exciting going on. Just everyday life type stuff.

Memorial Weekend was good. I got drunk with some friends Friday night. I don't remember what I did or where I was, so nothing exciting! Drove to my Mom's in Lake City the next day, where two sisters, a brother, 2 bro-in-laws, 2 nieces and my Mom were to be. A day of boating was planned on Lake Pepin. I actually got there on time. Pretty sure they all nearly had a heart attack over that one.

We got everything to the boat landing and the sun went away. The water became very choppy. We decided to brave it anyway. My sister's family-sized boat nearly sank as the waves were flooding on to my niece and me at the front of the boat (is that the bough or the stern??). One sister screamed, "It's Poseidon!!" And I yelled, "We're capsizing!!!" With that it started to rain and we turned around and went back to my Mom's. I had several brandy slushes and we celebrated my niece's 7th birthday and my grandmother's 88th birthday -- Happy Birthday, Grandma!!

On Sunday the weather was very nice, so we had a successful boat trip this time. I came back to Minneapolis and met a couple friends at The Bolt for beer bust and showtunes. I love not having to work on Monday!

Actual Memorial Day was spent in my air conditioning on the couch, as it was very hot.

Work is boring and I'm in a slow slump/bad luck streak since FEBRUARY!!

This weekend is busy.

Tonight I MIGHT drive up to a MN city called St. Cloud. It's about an hour north of Minneapolis. Friend Jeff will be here. He's FINALLY coming back to our Minneapolis from his North Dakota hometown. He did a temporary move back there in January to be closer to his father, who was dying of cancer. Sadly, his dad did pass away in late April. He's driving back to Minneapolis as I type. He's stopping to spend the night with an old friend of his in St. Cloud and I'm thinking about going up there too...

My niece graduates from Mayo High School in Rochester tomorrow, so I'll go there in the afternoon for her party. She has Down's Syndrome, so we're happy for her! She wants the newest Playstation 2 game, Dragonball Z: Budokai Tagenchi, from her Uncle Kiddo...That should be fun asking the clerk to find. I'll just write on a piece of paper and throw on the counter and say, "I need that. Now. Thanks."

After the graduation, I'll drive back to Minneapolis and attend the soiree of dear old sorority sister Amanda and her husband. They bought a house in a northern suburb called Blaine. I don't get to the northern suburbs...ever...so, I'm a little excited! Kidding. Anyway - it should be fun to see their friends again, many of whom I also went to college, but didn't know very well.

THEN - I think Jeff will be back in Minneapolis, so I'm sure he'll want to hit the queer bars after being in North Dakota for 4 months.

HOPE Y'all have a splendid weekend (and apparently now I'm from Texas)!


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Jeff (in the cowboy hat) and me are in the center of this picture, taken a year ago at Minneapolis Pride...

2 Comments:

  • Um, Reid, I'm pretty sure the two guys on the end of that picture on the right side felt me up at the Bolt.

    I LOVE that place!!

    By Blogger Meg, at 10:35 PM  

  • Oh yay, so glad you are back to us!! :o) Thanks for the recap on your weekend. I look forward to hearing about your reunion with Jeff. If memory serves me right, that means you will be up to no good for sure. ;o)

    By Blogger AmyB, at 9:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home