Kiddo78

Friday, May 19, 2006

Not too shabby for 60


I don't think I would be a proper gay man unless I wished CHER a Happy 60TH Birthday on May 20!!

That woman just doesn't quit. I saw her in Milwaukee a few years ago and it was a blast. The show is a retrospective of her career - I liked it a lot.

Gay men love Cher. I think it's the costumes and wigs, mixed with sassiness. Plus the sense of kinship you get from one outcast/freak to another, maybe. Anyway, most gay men love, or at least like, Cher (those who say they don't are lying just a little). One summer day, two gay friends and I were driving along a city street when Dark Lady came on the CD. We were stopped at a stoplight with all the windows down, sunroof open, etc., song blaring. Another car pulled up alongside us to stop at the light and the three of us gay guys clapped in unison at the clapping part of the song. The people in the other car all just slowly turned their heads to look at us like, "what...the...hell...??" Anyway, it was a good gay, Cher moment...

I hope I have half her energy and youth when I'm 60, not to mention money...Although I doubt I'll even make it to 60 with the way I smoke & drink, but you never know.

Anyway, Happy Birthday, Cher!! You old fag hag, you!!

4 Comments:

  • Oooh! I love a good shared song moment with friends. FUN.

    By Blogger Twinkie, at 12:26 PM  

  • OK, I could say it's SO cliche' (so "Jack" from Will and Grace), but this is just too true and funny!! Haha!

    Cher is rocking it in her old age. Or course she does have the money to pay for whatever helps her look that good. I give her props.

    Loved the visual of you in the car singing and clapping. Those peeps in the car next to you clearly have no style of sense of humor. Sheesh... Haha!

    By Blogger AmyB, at 2:19 PM  

  • Does it make me any less gay that I have never been a Cher fan?

    *ducks*

    By Blogger The Persian, at 8:05 PM  

  • You were with the Bklyn guys weren't you... they are SOOOO obsessive about Helen Reddy!

    By Blogger Meg, at 9:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home