Kiddo78

Friday, June 16, 2006

Somebody Stop Me...seriously...

Well, I went and shot off my big mouth again. Now I'm sure Danny and I won't talk again for a while.

You see, Danny is dating this big loser...let's call him....Loser, shall we? Three out of the five times I've been around this joker, I ended up going off on him. They started dating about three months ago - actually, the same weekend I met Boy From New York City (that has since fizzled out...surprise, surprise). Incidentally, Loser had just moved back to Mpls from NYC too. He's in his late 30s and kind of looks like that weird little thing from "Lord of the Rings." Apparently, he's some sort of designer and worked for some show rooms in NYC (and did Madonna's pillows -- yeah right) before moving back to Mpls for "spritual reasons." Seriously, it's Minneapolis, not New Mexico, genius. Catching on?? He's a lying loser.

Loser's roommates kicked him out and he moved in with Danny - this is about 3 weeks after they met (what are they, lesbians??). Even with all of his "fabulous" NYC design experience, Loser can't find a regular job in Mpls and has yet to give Danny money for anything, yet he goes out drinking every night. He brags about his Hugo Boss suit, knock off Prada shoes, these ugly pieces of crystal fruit that were supposedly "so expensive," yet he doesn't have money for rent or a car. I distrusted him from the start. Others agree. Except Danny (he's starting to get it through his head thank god).

So last night, my friend Michelle and I went to see Martin Zellar (formerly of a MN band called The Gear Daddies) at a free show he was doing downtown. We met Danny and Loser at Mpls's gay "stand & model" bar, The Saloon. Then we proceeded to The 19 Bar. Loser's friend Rose was pissed that we wouldn't let her drive there (drunk), so she took off once Danny got out of the driver's seat. Danny and Loser were arguing whether or not Rose should/could have left. I said, "Well, it's done now, so let's just go in..."

Loser: Excuse me, was I talking to you??
Kiddo: Umm...it's not about you.
Loser: It's none of your business. Is this your relationship? Why are you even talking?? From what I've heard, you're a fuck-up at relationships anyway, so just stay out of me and Danny's business...
Kiddo: Oh?? Hmmmm....#*$&#(*&UTROEUR(*%(*&#@(*&$#(*#@&)%(*)@(*%#)%$)@(*)(^T$$ *&!!!!

I like to think that I simply replied with things that were very true...and frankly, needed to be said.

The words trash, loser, liar, parasite, trash, idiot, fucker were used several times.

Pretty sure Danny and I won't be talking for a while, although I apologized to him before I threw my cigarette at Loser and walked away...to another group of friends in the bar.

It's rather discomforting because I really do like to avoid all the gay drama...but this was just a timebomb waiting to go off. And it really did.

6 Comments:

  • You know the best thing to do about people like that is just not even be around them. It's hard when your friends are dating people you don't care for but it's your friend who is dating that person and not you. It goes the other way too. I've dated guys that I adored but couldn't stand their friends. The important thing to remember is that all that matters is the original friendship because frankly that's the thing that's going to end up lasting. Plus it helps you cut down on assault charges. : )

    By Blogger potusol, at 4:49 PM  

  • A. I also tend to "save up" and go off at inappropriate times. It sucks, but I'm like a volcano and I erupt sometimes.

    B. "(what are they, lesbians??)" I almost shot coke out my nose on that one. Tee hee.

    By Blogger Twinkie, at 8:25 PM  

  • It's amazing how many of The Gays seems to have that "exiled royalty" vibe, where they cling to their fabulous Things and Clothes, and constantly remind you of their value, yet can't be bothered to pick up a check or earn a paycheck.

    I'm all for honesty, but generally draw the line at throwing cigarettes at people (probably because I don't smoke). Someday, Danny may realize the truth of your words about King Loser of Manhattan, but then again he might not.

    It's a big world, full of people...

    By Blogger PJS, at 7:02 AM  

  • But I bet you felt better after getting it all off your chest. :-D

    By Blogger VeryApeAZ, at 3:32 PM  

  • DAMN!!! I wonder what Loser is going to name his new asshole?... ;o)

    I'm glad you stuck up for yourself, though. Sounds to me like he's just jealous of you and the friendship you have with his man. If history repeats itself, though, you will be there with Danny long after Loser up's and decides to go be a loser with someone else. Just apologize to Danny again (when sober), and let it rest. Everything will blow over eventually! It always does!

    By Blogger AmyB, at 11:33 AM  

  • OMG I know -- well, actually knew Loser and you are right!! He is a total, big time LOSER. Our paths crossed about three years ago when I lived in Mpls and before he left for NY. Your perception is 100% correct.

    Just do your best to be there for your friend, and most likely that will have to be when Loser is not around. Someday Danny will see the light. Who knows how long that will be. Denial is powerful. I was in a ten year relationship with a loser and although I knew it deep down all along, it really took that long for me to come to grips and acknowledge it. My four truely closest friends, all unrelated, all in different parts of the country, said stuff like "I never understood what you saw in him." or "Why did it take you so long to leave him?".

    When I asked why they never said anything earlier, they each said they had tried once or twice, but it seemed I didn't even hear them. Denial!

    By Blogger Sparky, at 2:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home