Kiddo78

Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Sybil's Music Collection

Many days at work are spent with iTunes Radio for background music. I usually listen to a station called Eye 97, Top Hits of the '70s, '80s, '90s and Today. Otherwise, the Atlantic Sound Factory, 40 Years of great music from the US and UK is always a good choice too.

Anyway, I started to document the songs that I need to download when I **finally** get an iPod or MP3 (apparently, spending as much at the bar every two weeks is more important). These are songs that I would never think to add if just conceiving a list from scratch...Reviewing the list today, I had to laugh at the randomness of it. Some might say weird or freakish...I prefer eclectic.

SONGS

Novaspace – Time After Time
Britney Spears – Everytime
Enrique Iglesias – Escape
1, 2 Step – Ciara
Days Go By – Dirty Vegas
Milkshake – Kelis
Nobody’s Supposed to Be Here (dance) – Deborah Cox
Since U Been Gone – Kelly Clarkson
Better Off Alone – DJ Jurgen
Get Together – Madonna
Thank You – Dido
Let Me Take You Away – Jen Cuneta
Trouble – Pink
All These Things That I’ve Done – Killers
Always and Forever – Chocolate Puma

Old School
Robbie Dupree – Steal Away
K. Rogers / D. Parton – Islands in the Stream
D. Warwick – Heartbreaker
ELO – Livin’ Thing
D. Parton – Here I go Again
B. Mandrell – Sleepin’ Single in a Double Bed
J. Cash/J. Carter – Jackson
The Pretenders – Brass in Pocket
Tracy Ullman – Breakaway
The Clash – London Calling
Bee Gees – Tragedy
ELO – Hold on Tight
Cyndi Lauper – All Through the Night
Journey – Faithfully
When in Rome - The Promise
Howard Jones – No One is to Blame
Blondie – Sunday Girl
REM - Radio Free Europe
The Moody Blues – Your Wildest Dreams
10,000 Maniacs – Few and Far Between
Stevie Nicks – Leather and Lace
Bellamy Brothers – Let Your Love Flow
George Harrison – My Sweet Lord
Chicago – If You Leave Me NowAlan Parsons Project – Eye In The Sky


Nice. Pretty sure my brother's ears would be bleeding five minutes into this list. And that ain't even a drop in the bucket compared to the collection I used to have on Kazaa. Weirdest group of 400+ songs ever.

3 Comments:

  • I DEFINITELY like your old school list better. Any list with Tracey Ullman on it is a winner. : )

    By Blogger potusol, at 4:28 PM  

  • I dig the old school list, too! I don't know that Tracey Ullman song, but I can sing every word of "They Don't Know..." including the high pitched, "bay-bay!"

    And OMG with Howard Jones' "No One is to Blame." I totally forgot that song existed but I LOVE it. I'm gonna download it myself, right now!

    By Blogger Twinkie, at 8:50 PM  

  • No one is to blame and wildest dreams are the best songs ever.I am also going to add them to my mp3 player.I think they are breeze in your face bike riding songs if that makes any sense.
    You would laugh so hard if you knew the hodge podge that is on my mp3 death cab for cutie,alabama, billy idol,wilson phillips...I to have an eclectic mix:)

    By Blogger Unknown, at 8:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home