Kiddo78

Saturday, June 17, 2006

Mama, I'm Coming Home

I'm leaving for my hometown, the great metropolis of Dodge Center, Minn., in a little while to attend a "dear old" friend's 30th birthday. I use the term "old" sparingly, of course, being that I'm quickly nearing the end of the tunnel that is my 20s as well.

Whilst visiting my old stomping grounds, I will attend the theatre and visit several world-renowned museums of art. Wait...oh yeah, I'll be drinking beer on her deck with several people I've known since the '80s, eat a hamburger and potato salad, then head to Main Street's only bar, Harold's Club, where I'll see many others whom I've known since the greatie '80s!

I like going home - it's fun to be around people who have known me forever and don't have any expectations other than a few beers, a few cigarettes, a dance or two and several laughs. And my being the token gay guy, of course...

Good ol' Dodge Center!


Main Street, Dodge Center, Minn.
Population: 2300

2 Comments:

  • I hope you have fun!

    By Blogger Twinkie, at 8:10 AM  

  • Agree with you fully - going home is always fun. See the people you grew up around, see how much they've changed, feel like an alien for a while before you get settled in into your old life...

    Have fun & then tell us all about it!

    By Blogger Dizzie, at 3:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home