Kiddo78

Wednesday, July 19, 2006

The man's bringin' me down...

I'm sure you've given up on me at this point. I'm in my "bad blogger" cycle again. I wonder if it's like the female cycle. I wonder if we all hang around each other enough if we get on the same cycle??

Anyway - I did start at a new company. This time I'm getting paid a base salary that equals what I was making in base AND commission at the last place. I'm at a big company again with an international presense and will be able to get more hires -- so it's all good, homies. BUT, I've been working an average of 12 hour days. I don't care, though - what else do I have to do but ignore grocery shopping, cleaning and watching "Roseanne" reruns??

I'm still downtown too, which is cool. The co-workers are nice/fun/funny and my boss isn't just out for himself, which is always nice. I suspect he's "family." He actually delivered my offer packet to my apartment--I met him outside--- and I saw a guy sitting in his passenger side. I know he doesn't have kids and there's no pictures of a girl on his desk (only a cat). I think the cat picture is what tipped me off. Well, also that he's really nice.

One funny thing has happened so far. A sales lady had my cube before I went there and left a bunch of junk in the drawers. Apparently some sales guy who left the company had the cube before she did. As I was rummaging through it on my third day there (I'm now in my second week), I found a one-hitter...the kind that looks like a cigarette. I marched right over to her office (she's a TX native, kinda kooky...funny) and said, "Care to explain this...??" And I slammed it on her desk. She was mortified and blamed the guy who had the cube before she did. It was kinda funny....

Anyway - the other recruiters are all pretty cool and have funny personalities, as do the sales people.

In the words sung by Annie after she arrived at Daddy Warbucks' estate, "I think I'm gonna like it here..."

10 Comments:

  • Finding a joint in your work desk. I adore you.

    By Blogger Meg, at 4:55 PM  

  • The guy that sits next to me at work is gay (we cube share). How did I know you ask? His three framed pictures of his cocker spaniel JoJo. It's a dead giveaway.

    : )

    By Blogger potusol, at 3:58 AM  

  • "I don't care, though - what else do I have to do but ignore grocery shopping, cleaning and watching "Roseanne" reruns??"

    You know what else you have to do? Update your BLOG Mister Man.

    P.S.- I take it as a sign of my angelic moral purity that I have no idea what a "one-hitter" is.

    By Blogger PJS, at 2:02 PM  

  • *claps* Yeah! Go Kiddo. So... what'd you do with the one hitter?

    By Blogger Twinkie, at 11:04 PM  

  • I think that you and I are definitely on the same cycle. I too just wrapped up my 2nd week at my new job AND I've been totally ignoring my blog. Just let me know when you'd like some Midol, I've always got a stash. :)

    By Blogger ab, at 7:13 PM  

  • Send the one hitter to Twinkie. Then she can put it next to the one I donated to her and start a "blogger friends one hitter collection." Maybe we can put out a request out for donated one hitters and she can hold the world record for owning the most one hitters.

    By Blogger Angela, at 1:01 AM  

  • Congrats on the job!! Sounds like you found a home. And since your boss is "family" (definitely the cat...), it's all good! :o)

    Oh, and yes, we bloggers do end up on the same cycle, I think. Hotbabe, you, me, and several of my other internet pals are taking breaks. Weird!! Ha!

    By Blogger AmyB, at 1:21 PM  

  • Framed photos of the cat?? Big HOMO! Also, there was a good article in New York Metro on gay managers.

    http://www.metropoint.com/ftp/20060717_NewYork.pdf

    Unfortunately, I couldn't find a direct link, but it is on page 16.

    Glad to hear things are good.

    By Blogger jd, at 7:22 PM  

  • I have to say a framed picture of your cat may as well be a pride flag decal on your car window...

    way to go on your job annie! It sounds like a good one!

    I got so excited to see an ab comment too... we all need to recommit!

    By Blogger Unknown, at 7:18 AM  

  • By active array absolutely collapsed already Sony Vaio laptop battery which it recharging array to the max, that should hopefully advice a1175 accumulate alive for a lot longer.Batteries abhorrence the warmthUsually, Apple a1175 battery don't absolutely adore acutely hot altitude as it makes the centralized fan plan overtime to try and air-conditioned the constituents, which acutely has an aftereffect on array life. Hot vgp-ac19v11 is as well abhorrent appear the array itself as it could absolutely abase Apple a1185 rapidly.Maintain the array inWorth spending d5318 out consistently is never alive back it could addition your Dell battery d5318 isn't even abutting to and get added clay assimilate array and aural the array compartment. Leading to added array bane amidst added challenges.Turn the sunshine down Dell battery 312-0425 of your laptop awning Dell battery 312-0429 will absolutely cesspool battery, abnormally as computer screens accept become stronger and brighter 310-6321. By abbreviation the accuracy from the awning as anon as your Macbook Pro 15 inch battery is drained bound ability advice bottle array activity for any bit added time.

    By Blogger laptop battery, at 4:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home