Kiddo78

Monday, October 10, 2005

I don't belong here.

This weekend is just a blur.

Wound up meeting Danny at Over the Rainbow in St. Paul at about 1:30 on Saturday afternoon. How sad is that?? It was just a really nice day and both of us were in the mood for it. There's something I really like about spending a sunny, warm Saturday afternoon in a dark bar. Seriously. We proceeded to the (brace yourself) AMERICAN LEGION in a suburb called Apple Valley, where Danny's friend was hanging out with her sister playing bingo. She's a very young 50-something - well, except for the fact that she goes to the American Legion. It was actually kind of fun. Something different, anyway. Well then, karaoke started and we were thoroughly enjoying ourselves. Miss Nancy Sinatra came on and the girl singing was doing quite well to "These Boots are Made for Walkin." Danny and I felt inspired to dance. An older guy came up to us and said, "This isn't that kind of bar...guys don't dance with guys here."

That's about all it took for me. Ever seen Jack freak out and do the silent screaming on Will & Grace?? Yeah, that's pretty much how I was back to him. And guess who got kicked out?? You got it. Me.

I said to Danny, "See - this is why I don't hang out in the f'ing suburbs!" Later, at his friend's house, her boyfriend apparently thought I was being loud or something and said, "You already got kicked out of one bar..." Like it was my fault! So, I let loose on him too and Danny and I left. Back to the city.

Stupid suburbs.

5 Comments:

  • It's so frustrating that ignorance like that still exists in the world. It's just so useless.

    By Blogger ab, at 6:39 PM  

  • Perhaps if you had grabbed the old fart and planted a big kiss on him, he would've been okay with it all. He was probably just jealous.

    By Blogger VeryApeAZ, at 7:52 PM  

  • You should have slapped him. :) Chin up, Kiddo!

    By Blogger walktrotcanter, at 9:10 PM  

  • A few years ago I my friend Michael and I were going to go bar hoping but first we were meeting some people from the at some old bar in Germantown. As usual I was running late so he waited at the bar for me. Well none of the co-workers showed up so there was Michael with his long blonde ponytail, cowboy hat and leather chaps thinking to himself "i don't belong here."

    About that time one of the old bigots said, "hey you with the rodeo?" to which my friend replied "you betcha." Who knew teh rodeo was in town that week. By the time I got there every old bigot in the bar had bought the "Cowboy" a drink.

    Then when we were leaving they were saying things like I bet you're gonna bed that fillie tonight. As a payback for being late, Micael smacks me on the ass and yells "you betcha."

    Dumb bigots.

    By Blogger Angela, at 11:35 PM  

  • People here in the midwest are just so sheltered and have no clue. When something is different, it is always bad.

    By Blogger Matt S., at 4:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home