Kiddo78

Friday, September 30, 2005

Warrior Homecoming


Am going back for Winona State Homecoming this weekend. Will be with college chums Jocelyn, Mike, Amanda and Michael. We were too lazy to book a hotel room in advance, so believe it or not, I'll actually be CAMPING at a place called Prairie Island. No laughs, please.

Jocelyn and Mike actually have a huge tent...complete with different rooms. As Shelby would say in Steel Magnolias, "They're simply outdoorsy is all..." I'm just praying to god that the only time I enter is to sleep and that their dog doesn't also sleep in the tent. Yick. At least they're bringing an air mattress for me.

Tomorrow we will arise early for a Saturday and head to the WSU bookstore, where we will need to purchase sweatshirts. Then it's off to the convenience store for a big glass 1/4 full of soda - the rest will be full of booze. No parade is complete without Captain Morgan and Coke.

Then I imagine we'll grab lunch somewhere. A little later, we'll go to the field and watch the first quarter of the game. Yes, I said first quarter only. After that, it's back downtown for bar action.

I love going back to Winona for Homecoming...lots of young alumni come back for it and you always wind up running into people you know, or at least people you remember seeing at the bars and on campus during college. There's one girl I see every year and we always say, "what's your name again??" We did the same thing every weekend in college. I think her name is Katie.



Anyway -- go, Warriors!!

3 Comments:

  • That sounds so fun...I was a nerd in high school so I get alot of "what was your name again??"when seeing old high school aquaintances...

    bitches...:)

    By Blogger Unknown, at 7:33 AM  

  • I'll miss our college homecoming this year because I'll be in NYC. But I think NYC or a small town in central MN... hmmm... that's a tough one.

    By Blogger hot babe, at 7:22 PM  

  • You in a tent? OMG what is the world coming to? I will try and send you good thoughts. Drink heavily.

    By Blogger Angela, at 11:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home