Kiddo78

Friday, October 21, 2005

I AM a nice person, dammit

I know I seem like a real bitch.

But, I really do have emotions. Seriously.

Everytime I see something on the Discovery Channel about someone who's considered a "Miracle Marvel," I just get teary-eyed.

You know who makes me *almost* cry the most? John Merrick. The Elephant Man. I just feel so bad for him. And here WE bitch about our appearances.....how vain! That poor guy...He once got off a train in London and the people chased him through the station to get him out of there..thinking he was a monster. He was just a 25-year-old with a horrible birth defect.

I really wish I could have been there to hug him and say, "You can come stay at my house..." I just want to cry thinking about it. Poor guy.

So, the next time you think that your appearance isn't pleasing, please be grateful that you don't look like poor John Merrick. Poor guy.


He's only about 25 here. Do you think you're pretty now??


Modern-day Science declared this is how he *should* have looked...

So, let's all think of this poor guy before we disdain ourselves....shall we??

9 Comments:

  • Hey Kiddo...I look like Rocky Dennis on a good day.

    By Blogger Chox, at 12:56 AM  

  • I for one, believe it's possible to be both bitchy and nice!

    By Blogger Angela, at 8:37 PM  

  • Wow, I would have totally dated his non-deformed self. Who knew?

    By Blogger PJS, at 10:22 PM  

  • Aww, you didn't need to tell us you were a nice person, we already knew that! I mean, being too nice is never a good thing in my opinion.

    Have you read the Elephant Man book? I read it about 10 years ago, and balled my eyes out (esp. at the end). If you haven't read it, I highly recommend it.

    By Blogger AmyB, at 1:08 PM  

  • I always felt bad for him also..even over years after his death. Terribly sad.

    By Blogger The Persian, at 8:14 PM  

  • Thanks for your comments, Persian Guy! I believe you're new to Kiddo. Sweet, aren't I??

    By Blogger Kiddo78, at 11:55 PM  

  • Oh -- and Chadiqua too!

    By Blogger Kiddo78, at 11:55 PM  

  • The elephant man is THE saddest movie ever...taking his pillows off the bed one by one so he would suffocate in the nigh----o.k. i'm crying...

    really though I just wanted to love him up the whole movie...so sad

    By Blogger Unknown, at 3:36 PM  

  • Wow that is amazing. I can't even watch the Elephant Man anymore. That rendering is really interesting. Poor guy.

    By Blogger dan, at 1:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home