Kiddo78

Thursday, October 20, 2005

Further restraint - almost...

This morning started off just great.

I woke up at the time I usually leave to catch my bus. So that's always a good feeling to start the day.

So, not wanting to be 30 minutes late, I got ready in Wonder Woman style - just spun around a few times and BOOM! I was dressed and ready to go fight crime.

Mind you, I'm usually running to catch a bus b/c they typically arrive every 3 minutes. Nope - Not on the day when I'm running late, of course.

I wait about 7 minutes getting all the more irritated because if the bus had been there when it should have been, I could have only been 10 minutes late for work. Yes, Instead the bus took forever and I knew I'd wind up being 15 minutes late - something my boss asked me not to do.

THEN, the bus was crowded as hell. There were about 5 of us getting on and it was already standing room only in there. Ugh. Poor people smell.

Anyway, the bus stopped a few blocks away and this gaggle of retirees got on. One old guy started yelling, "Move to the back everyone!"

I didn't blame him - the people standing behind me certainly had the ability to make more standing room up front -- and we did make room for these old people. But, this guy insists on bitching for 3 blocks and repeating how much it irritates him that people just don't want to move. Finally, he looked at me and demanded, "Move over so I can go back then..."

There were a ton of people already standing behind me. So I said, "What do you want us to do? There's no where to go back there - don't you see us all standing in the aisle??..."

And he replied with, "You people just don't want to move - there's all kinds of room back there, pal."

So I *calmly* said, "Don't call me Pal. And calm down - you'll have a stroke."

To which he simply said, "Jerk."

And I said, "Yes, I am..."

Seriously, am I a magnet for people who feel like instigating an argument?? I swear one of these days I'm really gonna go Glenn Close on someone.

4 Comments:

  • The only thing that makes me angrier than driving is riding in public transportation. Sorry about your crappy experience.

    By Blogger VeryApeAZ, at 6:10 PM  

  • People on public transit are assholes. I hate when people run onto the rail car when people are getting off. Wait your fucking turn!!!

    And before you go all glen close... can you call me, so that I can at least listen on the phone??

    PS:Glad you got the madonna song!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:26 PM  

  • I haven't ridden the bus since I was assaulted by a homeless person at a downtown Houston bus stop. I was sitting down when he hit me so when I stood up and he saw how big I actually was he ran off screaming. I'd rather walk.

    By Blogger potusol, at 10:57 PM  

  • Thank you, thank you, thank you for the only "out loud" laugh I've had on this cloudy Monday...
    "Calm down, you'll have a stroke.." Damn, you're funny!

    By Blogger AmyB, at 1:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home